[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most bare-bones monotheist religion? Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495865098174.png (548KB, 600x628px) Image search: [Google]
1495865098174.png
548KB, 600x628px
What is the most bare-bones monotheist religion?

Christianity has tons of rituals and the trinitarian theology

Islam has lots of rules too

Judaism is nothing but mitzvah Pokémon
>>
>>2892497
>has lots of rules
so? the idea behind them is to realize one's "fitrah" (primordial human nature). it's similar to the idea of entelechy in aristotelian philosophy. become what you are.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/DefinitionFitrah.htm

article came up when i googled the term, let me know if it helps
>>
>>2892497
moralistic therapeutic deism. the average person in the west knows next to nothing about their religion and tends to follow a set of basic principles:

>A god exists who created and ordered the world and watches over human life on earth.
God wants people to be good, nice, and fair to each other, as taught in the Bible and by most world religions.
>The central goal of life is to be happy and to feel good about oneself.
>God does not need to be particularly involved in one's life except when God is needed to resolve a problem.
>Good people go to heaven when they die.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x205px
>>2892511
>>
>>2892511
Hey Rod, liked your book
>>
Whatever the fuck the Thuggee were doing in India seemed pretty straight forward. Granted, they believed in multiple gods but really only cared about the one.
>>
>>2892511
fucking posmodernistic views, man
>>
>>2893187
postmodern* a minor lapsus brutus
>>
>>2892497
>What is the most bare-bones monotheist religion?
It's all semantics. Define "god" and define "God." Pantheism believes everything is God so by virtue of metaphysics pantheism is pure monotheism.
>>
>>2892497
Jainism
>>
>>2892497
Unitarianism.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.