[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Afghanistan in central or south asia? I've read conflicting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: afghanistan.jpg (47KB, 462x350px) Image search: [Google]
afghanistan.jpg
47KB, 462x350px
Is Afghanistan in central or south asia? I've read conflicting things. It's such a clusterfuck of ethnicities that you can't tell
>>
>>2892145
What a stupid picture.
>>
>>2892145
It's an unfortunate country located precisely on the crossroad between Persia, India, and Central Asia.
It's the sort of thing that happens when you take a rump state that roughly overlapped with a few historical "empires" (big kingdoms) and only enjoyed nominal sovereignty over most of its territory, decide to freeze in time the arbitrary borders, keep them even after the monarchs whose property they were supposed to delimitate got overthrown etc
>>
>>2892155
It's TRUTH
>>
>>2892300
What the fuck is with this Afghan fetish? Afghan troops aren't more ferocious or resistant to outside rule than Vietnam, and Vietnam isn't called the graveyard of empires.
>>
most definitely central asia, if it isn't then what is central asia even
>>
>>2892304
it's not that they were great defenders but that the region was historically hard to rule.
>>
>>2892326
It's not the only place in history that is difficult to rule though. Indochina, Roman Dacia, and Algeria all spring to mind.
>>
>>2892304
no but they have been empire annoyance world champions forever.
>>
>>2892336
kek
>>
>>2892145
It's central Asian.
>Iranic and Turkic people
>no Hindus or Buddhists
>part of the central Asian "great game"
>>
>>2892346
>no buddhists

IM STILL FUCKING MAD
>>
>>2892356
dont give up brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI4ozg4iEEw
>>
>>2892332
true but I think afghanistan gets the notice since that place has the most empires fall on it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.