[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is democracy good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Image5.gif (232KB, 416x524px) Image search: [Google]
Image5.gif
232KB, 416x524px
is democracy good?
>>
>>2892113
We don't have democracy. The ability to vote is called suffrage. If you research real, actual democracy, it's fucking great
>>
>>2892118
Inefficient though
>>
Democracy is too broad a term in this day and age
>>
>>2892134
True, true. Still, a one party gov is very efficient compared to what we have. Should we adopt that?
>>
>>2892160
This argument makes no sense
>>
>>2892118

>if 51% of people vote to shoot the other 49%, that's fine
>>
>>2892160
Yes
>>
>>2892247
But is 1% of the population ruling over 99% any better?
>>
>>2892113
No.

The best system is a monarchy in which it's legal to kill the king whenever people are mad at him.
>>
>>2892257
the 1% that made the difference is still the ones that rule the rest.
>>
>>2892113
The idea of imposing checks and balances on the rulers through making a part of the general population having the right to vote on certain issues is good. But direct democracy is a meme, and is no different from mob rule.

The true redpilled regime is a constitutional republic with limited suffrage.
>>
> constitutional republic with limited suffrage.
I like this idea. where can I find out more about it?
>>
>>2892498
Literally the early United States
>>
>>2892520
obviously, but anywhere else.
>>
>>2892524
nowhere else
>>
>>2892113
its a meme
>>
File: IMG_4992.png (783KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4992.png
783KB, 640x1136px
>>2892113
Democracy is flawed and ineffective because by you can't wait on the entire population to vote for every decision, and the majority will inevitably oppress the minority. A democratically elected republic is the best way to go.
>>
File: democracy.png (14KB, 377x324px) Image search: [Google]
democracy.png
14KB, 377x324px
the mob shares more of my views than a tyrant
>>
>>2892526
England, Switzerland, The Netherlands, many historic republics of the early modern, medieval and classic antique.
yes, you should feel stupid and fat now dear burger.
>>
>>2892778
I wonder why this does not happen in Switzerland? Maybe because they finely tared their System out to prevent such cases?
>>
>>2892800
But in Switzerland, majority often does oppress the minority. Direct democracy has been the source of many anti-Jewish and anti-Musim laws in this country.
>>
>>2892906
So name a few examples then please.
>>
>>2892906
My god, the human rights situation must be terrible in Switzerland then!
>>
unironically LoGH covers this topic better than any historical/academic materials I have come across.
>>
>>2892906
>anti muslim and anti jewish laws
must be heaven, but with mountains
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.