[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What determines whether or not a country has a good economy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Thinking-Man.jpg (107KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-Man.jpg
107KB, 500x338px
What determines whether or not a country has a good economy? It seems almost random.
>>
>>2891395
Neoliberalism brings economic prosperity.
>>
Economy is a spook. People need happiness, however they get that through money so that's why it's necessary.
>>
investment grade, controlled inflation, access to markets etc.
>>
>>2891395
Resource wells and the ability to utilize these wells and transport them to in demand areas
>>
>>2891569
DR Congo would fit that perfectly
>>
>>2891401
this, it turns insignificant country's into economic powerhouses
>>
Working population vs non-working population, higher the ratio, the better.

Goods produced per capita and overall
Higher the number, the better it is.

Amount of capital reinvestment and growth rate year after year.

As well as number of college educated people.
>>
>>2891401
Depends on the country I guess
Chile was a success while Argentina failed miserably
>>
>>2891395
Deal making
>>
>>2891395
up to 1492 AD it was agriculture, if you could grow a lot of staple crops you'd have a thriving civilization there

up to about 1650 it was trade/tech, if your agrarian civilization was exposed to the latest technology you'd have a decent gunpowder state going and wouldn't get cucked

from 1650 to 1950 it was a shift from trade/tech to manufacturing, if the conditions were good for industry you woul be prosperous, generally temperate grain producing regions with good access to sea trade and security and overtake polities with territory less favored by merchants and capitalists

from 1950 onwards it depended on security and connection to global trade due to new technology making the world smaller
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.