[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad did the Mongol fuck up Islamic world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Bagdad1258.jpg (66KB, 567x399px)
Bagdad1258.jpg
66KB, 567x399px
How bad did the Mongol fuck up Islamic world?
>>
>>2888307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-10lIrboM
>>
File: Gunpowder Empires.jpg (523KB, 1335x799px)
Gunpowder Empires.jpg
523KB, 1335x799px
>>2888307
Not as bad as Islam was doing to itself. The Muslim world was shit for 2 centuries before the Mongols came.

And after the mongs, this fucking happened.
>>
I remember reading somewhere that Iran is only now reaching the population levels it had before the steppeniggers visited them.
>>
>>2888307
Well GK literally set back the Persian populations so far that it didn't recover until modern times, so there's that.
>>
>>2888326
Mughals are literally mongol descendants with direct parental lineage. Not to mention Mughals is a persianized word for Mongol.
>>
File: Mughal India.jpg (173KB, 683x521px)
Mughal India.jpg
173KB, 683x521px
>>2888371
>Mughals are literally mongol descendants
The "Mughals" weren't an ethnic group. They were the collective name the Persians and the Indians placed on Babur, a landed prince of Ferghana, and his liegemen, who are multiethnic as fuck, and saw themselves as refined Persian-influenced Muslim Gentlemen than stupid steppenigs. Unfortunately for them, the kebabs and the streetshitters saw anyone who looked Asian and rode a horse and twanged a bow "Mongol." Hence the name.
The Dynasty of Babur called itself Timurid, after Babur's house, or Gurkani. In fact, if you call the Mughal rulers Mughal, it's like you just called them a nigger. Since the Mughals -again-
considered themselves Islamic Aristocracy (Persianate Version), and lived in a time way past the Mongol Empire, where the Mongols were back into their steppeniggerish barbarian ways.

Babur himself hated the Mongols on a racial level, despite his mother being from Chagatai nobility. You can read of what he thought of the Mongols in his autobiography: the Baburname. To which he says:
>"If the Mongols were a race of angels, they will still be abominations. If the name Mongol was written in gold, it would still be filthy."
To which later on, he adds.
>"Beware least you pluck an ear from a Mongol field. For whatever is sown with Mongol seed, has an odious yield."
And for good reason: along with the Uzbeks (his mortal enemies), the Mongs also raided his lands in Ferghana back when he was a landed Central Asian prince.
>>
>>2888407
How far back does the hapa self-hatred go?
>>
>>2888326
Exactly.

"Mongols were bad" is a Muslim meme because they themselves believe the "golden age" meme.

As for population, even besides the exaggeration, quality > quantity, they increased bravery of Middle East permanently which is why they have soldiers of all ages today.
>>
not enough
>>
>>2888588
Golden age wasn't a meme since the muslim world would never again have a period of intellectual and economic prosperity.

>As for population, even besides the exaggeration, quality > quantity, they increased bravery of Middle East permanently which is why they have soldiers of all ages today.
I hope you're joking. Arab armies today and last century were terrible. Even ignoring the shitloads killed (Iran wouldn't get it's pre-mongol population back until the 20th century) they contributed to desertfication in the ME, fucking up the geography and biome
>>
>>2888307
I find that any kingdom/empire/whatever that historically bordered nomad territory is shit today, and the most advanced and prosperous countries never had to deal with nomad bullshit.
>>
>>2888346
Necessary depopulations to save the environment.
Persians should thank the mongols desu
>>
>>2888588
>"Islamic Golden Age" is a meme

Nice revisionism, Chaim
>>
>>2889960
China is on the boundry between shit and not shit though
>>
>>2888407
>Babur is a self-hating hapa.
This very interesting, Timur was very proud of his turco-mongol heritage. Also i think the other poster was not elaborate enough. The mughals were not an ethnicity as you say, however Babur himself descends from Timur who was mongolian.
>>
>>2890041
Timur wasn't so much proud of his "turco-mongol heritage" as much as he was savvy for using a dubious lineage as a means to legitimize his rule
>>
>>2889987
China has never been so great anymore after being invaded by steppe hordes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.