[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is sincerity dead and if so what killed it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is sincerity dead and if so what killed it?
>>
>>2886363
Irony
>>
Irony died in the 90s
>>
>>2886363
memebuoy
>>
>>2886363
Yes.
Hedonistic Nihilism.
>>
>>2886363
Capitalism desu

Or crony capitalism to be more precise .
>>
File: DFW Dance.gif (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DFW Dance.gif
3MB, 960x540px
>>2886363
Do not listen to them Anon, sincerity cannot die.
>>
>>2886363
Derrida
>>
>>2886363
It was inevitable. Anything that people hold "sacred" will get torn down by a counter-culture encouraged and aided by capitalists - see the hippies with their free love shit, then Satanists and heavy metal type edgelords, then atheists of the early aughts, and these days racists and Nazis (as anti-racism, anti-homophobia and anti-transphobia are the only things really held sacred by the Cathedral).

So now the only way to avoid getting attacked is to pretend that you hold nothing valuable and take nothing seriously - it's the only insulation. This is exacerbated even further by anonymity, as in this case you don't even need to be held accountable by your past statements, you can be anything at any time so long as you are always attacking.

Every effective troll is the one who never actually admits to or even stakes out a real position - they just needle and irritate their target.
>>
>>2887109

as anti-racism, anti-homophobia and anti-transphobia are the only things really held sacred by the Cathedral

the what?
>>
>>2887109

Oh wow, a Moldbug autist. I haven't seen one of you in a damn long time. Whatever happened to you guys?
>>
No. Being ironic isn't in itself being insincere. Irony is in some cases far more honest and true than the sentimentality.
If there is an overflow of irony today, that probably signifies more honest confrontation of the supposed nihilism of postmodernity. You can't sincerely just ignore it.
Maybe I'm making the mistake of assuming people equating sincerity with sentimentality. But sentimentality is no more purer than irony. They're both social appearances. Choosing one is insincere - that's just adopting a false persona.
>>
>>2887109
So people look for 'authentic' cuisine and shit because they don't want to be taken seriously? You've overstating the influence of irony in culture because you only see white culture.
>>
what killed it?
& humanities
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.