[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State Shinto was the greatest ideological disaster in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nvap18wvZp1ueiaxzo1_500.jpg (175KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvap18wvZp1ueiaxzo1_500.jpg
175KB, 500x739px
State Shinto was the greatest ideological disaster in the history of Japan.
>>
Is this even up for argument, OP? I mean, it's like saying "Nazis are bad." Wait, I just remembered where I am.
>>
Can someone aware me on what this is?
>>
>>2884974
The fanatical religious cult the imperial Japanese used to control the population.
>>
>>2884986
Was it sumos and samurais?
>>
>>2884559
What's different between State Shinto and Roman religion pre-Christianity? No one hates the latter.
>>
>>2884974
Shinto was originally very decentralized with no organized dogma. The Meiji government attempted to create one standard orthodox Shinto with the emperor as its central figure.
>>
>>2885677
Roman religion pre-christanity was practiced by certain aristocratic families and people in the boonies for one, while Shintoism was practiced by everyone.
>>
State Religion is always a recipe for catastrophe.
>>
>attempt to enstate shintoism as the national religion
>drive all Buddhists out of the country and destroy their temples
>later realize no one really knows what shintoism is, or how to run a religion to begin with
>ask the Buddhists to come back because they're the experts in the field

It was a retarded idea to begin with.
>>
>>2884559
It pisses me off when animes portray Shinto as this good lil boy religion that did nothing wrong.
>>
>>2886526
Name five
>>
>>2886526
Really?

Horror Anime love the shit aspects of Shinto. Such as Human Sacrifice like those live burials of little girls to build temples on.
>>
>>2886526
I mean, Shinto itself isn't inherently bad, most of it is an actually rather poetic cult to nature and phenonema rather than to nations. The imperialistic transformation doesn't mean there isn't any substance to it in the first place.
>>
File: japanese-rising-sun-flag-std_1.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-rising-sun-flag-std_1.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
>when you really like the design of the Rising Sun flag but feel morally incapable of using it since it has a horrendous genocidal connotation to it
Fucking nips ;_;
>>
>>2886653
>Human Sacrifice like those live burials of little girls to build temples on.
Sauce?
>>
>>2890235
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitobashira

Not really unique to Japan there are similar practices all over the world, even western Europe
>>
Would japan have been better off christian?
>>
>>2884559
>shintophobes

Another shitty /his/ thread.
>>
>>2891318
We're talking about State Shinto, not traditional Shinto. Fuck off, you niperialist apologist.
>>
>>2884974
Back to >>>/m/isc
>>
Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with totalitarianism and that utilizing religion to control the ignorant masses is a good and effective tool
t. Superfascist
>>
>>2891447
A leader has an obligation to educate the masses instead of dumbing them down. Most modern democracies do not work that way, amigo.
>>
>>2891838
Not him, and not superfascist. But
>Democracy
>Works
The fact that full public education can not emulate the genuine desire and love of learning renders this basis foolish. No one has a full comprehension of what's on the line anymore, due to scope and ignorance.
>>
>>2884559
no it was based af, one of the few redeming qualities of that shithole
>>
>>2886526
Like in, say, Rurouni Kenshin? Because it was thanks to Shinto that Anji stopped being a wimpy manlet and made his mad gains...
>>
>>2892166
A lot better than pedoweebshit as state religion, that's for sure.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.