[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Scenerio - WWYD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: The battlemap.jpg (71KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
The battlemap.jpg
71KB, 1368x768px
You are in full command of 227 men.

113 are fully trained western Frankish knights, all wearing full plate Armour and mounted on large trained horses. They are equipped with steel 13ft lances, swords, maces, warhammers, and heater shields.

100 men are early Saxon Kneel. Think of the early Saxon invaders of roman Britain, or 600ADish Celtic warriors.
They are wearing chainmail coats over boiled leather jerkins and are equipped with both spears and swords and large oval shields capable of forming a shield wall. These warriors also have access to horses, though they are smaller, more akin to a Hunnic horse than a knights destrier

the last 15 are Geonese crossbowmen, wearing chainmail and leather, equipped with a crossbow and sword. They also have a large pavise style shield that they can hide behind as they reload.

With this dynamic force, How would you defeat a larger force of 600 mongols. These mongols wield the composite bow, though they do not have access to bodkin arrowheads. They fight in the typical mongolian fashion, I will let your own knowledge of history determine your enemy's tactics just as you determine your own.
How would you win the battle, Imperator?
>>
>>2881993
id have the Saxons mount up and take the whole army south with the fort screening my movements

and then bull rush to the forest in the east , the lack of missile weapons makes this battle unwinnable
>>
>>2881993
Get gud
>>
File: zappbrannigan-640x359.jpg (42KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
zappbrannigan-640x359.jpg
42KB, 640x359px
>>2881993
Send my men out one by one until the Mongols run out of arrows and flee
>>
Crossbowmen start firing from behind the walls, picking off Mongols. Send in the kneel and have them feign a retreat, drawing out the Mongols. The Frankish knights will be divided into two groups, one which will smash into the pursuing Mongols' flanks, and the other to wheel around the back to box the Mongols in and prevent them from reaching their favored skirmishing distance. Turn the surviving Kneel around and send them back in, encircling the Mongol force and slaughtered them to the last.

gg ez
>>
>>2881993
go back to medieval total war
>>
>>2881993

You go in the fucking forest and wait it out
>>
>>2881993
i'd disband the army , no point in fighting if Europe will cease to exist in the future
>>
Charge mongols with knights

Win because tiny mongol steppe ponies can't outrun european warhorse
>>
>>2882067
follow with genoese arrow storm
>>
File: pinwheel.png (151KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
pinwheel.png
151KB, 1368x768px
>>2881993

i call it the pinwheel maneuver

the formation moves clockwise. we are impenetrable to flanks. as the top arm shoots and spins each other arm is reloading, thus showering the mongols in arrows.

i win
>>
>>2881993
You don't, because that force is a retarded abomination that would never happen and has no synergy at all.

Even if it wasn't stupid bullshit you pulled out of your ass, it's the wrong mix for fighting steppe warrior, and even if it WAS, you don't win at greater than 2:1 odds unless you are far, far superior to your foe.
>>
just get the saxons to run up and testudo and let the stupid AI waste all their arrows on it then they'll charge the testudo and flank with the Knights and then run them down so you don't have to load up a second battle just to finish them off ;^)

t. legendoftotalwar
>>
File: Battlemap.jpg (150KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
Battlemap.jpg
150KB, 1368x768px
have the franks act as a decoy to bring the mongols between the forests and have the Saxons surround the mongols from the forest.

pic related, the battleplan
>>
File: dirt.jpg (72KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
dirt.jpg
72KB, 1368x768px
>>
Retreat into the woods. I'm assuming that the mongols aren't going to leave us alone until we're dead so it's best to be where you have the advantage. Mongols special ability is murdering in an open plane lol get the fuck outta there.

The forest (depending on how dense it is) means limited mobility for mongols and their cavalry. Our own cavalry could serve to push and pull the mongol horde as needed throughout the limited areas of mobility within the forest while all other foot units move much easier through the forest and pick off mongols as much as possible.

God, there just isn't enough data. Hills, slopes, mud, and innumerable other factors come into play. I can only really speak generally because there's so many possible potentials. Ideally, you'd have to retreat into the forest and up a slope and deal with the mongols around that advantage.
>>
File: DOUBT.jpg (31KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
DOUBT.jpg
31KB, 282x415px
>>2882497
So you let the Mongols pass ? Brillant.
>>
>>2881993
Shoot from the forest
Mongol lancers weee actually more important to victory than archers
>>2882432
Oh man this game is so ducking easy, fix autoresolve
>>
File: 1496110067980.jpg (124KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496110067980.jpg
124KB, 1368x768px
>>2881993
>>
>>2881993
I'd submit to the khan and become a vassal. Easy plunder.
>>
>>2883380

This, desu.
>>
Hide in the hillfort and let the crossbow men shoot the mongols until they fuck off
>>
>>2881993
>Wall around me
Well, I am not going to take a walk.

I pretend to fight them for some time, negotiate a truce every now and them, let them see hunger, thirst and sleep deprivation to the emissaries.

When they eventually break in thinking we are almost dead, the footman make a defensive line in the hole they made in the mud wall and the franks kill them all.
>>
>>2883645

Dont you think you will run out of food and water before they do?
>>
>>2881993
>enemy has missile and cavalry superiority
>enemy has the overwhelming terrain advantage

I retreat in the night, only a retard tries to fight a battle like that. If the mongols will be upon me before nightfall I use the fort as a screen and ride as far south as I can before breaking for the forest. If retreat is impossible as they're persistent in the chase, I set up a defensive position in the forest and scurry a portion of my forces further south, and try for an ambush tactic.
>>
>>2885212

I'm pretty sure they would be waiting for you already, they were masters of ambush and have a huge advantage in numbers so could put scouts everywhere
>>
>>2885751
even so, staying in the fort or sallying out to fight in this particular situation is just as much a death sentence.

if worse comes to worse I'd sit in the fort until night, then attempt a night breakout.
>>
>>2881993
You would be utterly raped. They would first murder your horses with a barrage of arrows. Then they would mercilessly harry your formation, drilling warheads from 100 yds away while you are completely unable to respond except with the occasional bolt from your 15 Genoese crossbowmen. As you try to maneuver to more favorable ground, they will pen you in by constantly flanking you and shooting at you. Eventually, you will run out of water and all your horses will be dead and your men wounded and utterly exhausted. Then they will come down with lances and swords.

Without missile infantry, you're really not gonna stand a chance.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>2885900

Thats not very heroic

Just hope they go away and dont get any good ideas.
They are probably going somewhere and wont bother assaulting a fort.
>>
I teleport into my single Huey chopper and tell the pilot to bring us in close.

Grab the M60 on the Port side.

Look the Kahn in the eye as we pass over.

> "Nothing personal kiddo."
>>
>>2886007
>heroism in war
>then says to just cower in the fort until they go away like some 14th century korean border guard

??

????
>>
>600 mongols
Really? We're fucked then aren't we. The only hope is to make a b-line for the forest and retreat.

First I will make sure they expect to be surrounded, the infantry know not to break formation and the knights know not to go off on their own or they will get picked off.

The infantry move out in a shield wall, then the knights charge out of the fort when the mongols attempt to charge the infantry or block their path.

When the infantry reach the forest they move into a looser formation while the knights gallop to the forest, we then proceed on foot through the forest with the saxons protecting the horses in the center with their shields and crossbowmen trying to pick off Mongols trying to get close to shoot us through the trees. If it looks like some have gotten bogged down in the rough terrain I will let some knights try to catch them, but they have to return.

Even if they all do as ordered they might wear us down and kill us all anyway. Most likely the knights won't stop chasing the Mongols then the saxons will panic and flee.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.