[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ulster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Ulster.svg.png (19KB, 1200x670px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ulster.svg.png
19KB, 1200x670px
I want to know about Ulster, /his/

>inb4 muh troubles/loyalist autists getting uppity

I mean Ulster as a province's collective history, or rather any interesting notes about it.

I'm bored of it being dominated by "them vs us" and "us vs them" without any attention to the history and noteable people or events of the province itself.

So, Bognigger, norsecuck or platershit-let's have the story of Ulster.

Any good book suggestions welcome too.
>>
>>2880312
You can find most of this with a simple Google search lad. Even the Wikipedia page on The Ulster Cycle is fairly decent. Don't know if you can delete threads on /his/ but if so, please do. You've invited the inevitable shitstorm, and if i check back in 30 minutes to find it has indeed occurred, i will participate and exacerbate it becomes huns are subhuman filth and should be killed at the first opportunity
>>
>>2880312
The Annals of the 4 Masters is always a good place to start or the Annals of Ulster
>>
>>2880312
Quick rundown from an ulsterfag
>Autistic kingdoms
>Usually the strongest part of Ireland
>English come
>Autisticscreeching.jpg
>Ulster is the most rebellious part of Ireland
>Nine years war
>English decide to send over Scots and English Protestants (except for Monaghan which was settled with Irish Protestants)
>Most successful plantation by the English, others such as the plantation of Munster has no impact today
>Early 20th century
>Irish want home rule
>Protestant Scottish and English in Ulster don't want home rule as they believe it would lead to independence
>Ireland about to get home rule
>WW1.jpg
>It gets held off
>Easter rising
>1921
>Ireland gains independence
>6 of the 9 counties of Ulster stay with the UK
>Most of these counties still have an Irish catholic majority
>Catholics and treated worse than Protestants
>Troubles.jpg
>>
>>2880519
>Most of these counties still have an Irish catholic majority
>>
>>2880312
>loyalist autists
Nice thread catholiccuck, I'm going to vote DUP in June and im going to giggle to myself everytime the thought of a butthurt IRA larper getting butthurt over the phat anglo cock in his arse enters my thoughts
Smash sinn fein
>>
>>2880591
look it up, nigger
>>
>>2880604
I'm not from Northern Ireland, or Ireland.
>>
>>2880604
Everyone in Norniorn is a fucking autist

the whole place is just a shithole where money goes to be burnt anyways
>>
>>2880695
still better than Wales
>>
>>2880697
Nah, wales has that cute sheepussi
>>
>>2880312
Honestly you'll have to wait a hundred years or so before feelings cool enough to be able to discuss this impartially. Thread'll devolve into a flamewar within ten posts if you're lucky
>>
It is very hard to find a good academic general history of Ulster simply because such a massive portion of northern Irish historiographical tradition is pseudohistory sponsored by NI bigwigs in the 70s and 80s where they claim to be descended from Jews or Vikings or Atlanteans or other ridiculous things.

I suppose the closest thing would be Jonathan Bardon's A History of Ulster but that's very much pop history.
>>
>>2880312
You're fucked.

2 reasons.

1. Britboos

Education in NI is for the most part heavily biased toward the British heritage in Ulster, often clouding over anything before that. Ulster as a province was Irish long before it was British, and for a much longer time that it has been British. Despite this, Irish heritage/cultural ties in the area are glazed over in favour of the "one size fits all" approach to Irish culture, whereby relying on culture of the southern provinces and them being Irish is all that gives legitimacy to Irish people stuck north of the border. The britboos will often go to lengths to autistically screech about anything Irish, however minor, and accuse everyone of oppressing them and their culture if anyone gets too stronghanded with "Ulster will always be partly Irish at the very least, you retard."

2. Éireboos
The Éireboos in NI aren't really in touch with their heritage, they just want to be Irish. Rightfully so, but they are more familiar with the heritage of the south than the north, a majority of them barely knowing anything before the Easter Rising of 1916.

In short, both sides of the divide in NI are focused on erasing Ulster's Irish history or ignoring it in favour of generic Irish history.

Which is a pity, because Ulster has been home to some very significant Irish figures, families, events and much more.

The Red Hand is one of my favourite celtic symbols.

But, yeah. You're fucked.
Enjoy your Troubles thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.