[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Madagascar Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Answering Questions about Madagascar again
>>
>>2878556
Are you niggers or are you malays or are you your own thing?
>>
>>2878556
Tell us about the literature and philosophy and great ideas of Madagascar
>>
>>2878556

Explain the race relations between the different racial groups
>>
File: Ramanalimanana.jpg (1MB, 1008x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Ramanalimanana.jpg
1MB, 1008x1355px
>>2878566
We are Blacks, Southeast Asians, South Asians, Oceanian and Arabians.

Fun fact: We were mixed by the time we landed on the island.
>>2878584
I mean that's pretty broad, specify
>>2878590
The Confederation of tribes and clans that make up what is now the Sakalava are related to an Mapungubwe expansion into Madagascar.

Anyways they fought and enslaved those around them including the people's we now call Merina.

The tables turned once Merina had guns too and they eventually took over. Highlanders see themselves as superior and far apart from Lowlanders.

Most Highlanders are Protestant where Lowlanders are mostly Catholic or Muslim.

Tons of minor details but generally speaking all Malagasy are variations of the same people but the differences are extravagated to suit silly stories legitimizing one over another
>>
>>2879066
Cool myths? What weapons, armors etc did you guys use?
>>
>>2878556
hows the food? signature dish? signature street food?
>>
File: hVlDx.jpg (164KB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
hVlDx.jpg
164KB, 1280x576px
>>2879685
I'm not all that interested in myths, spears and shields but some groups were known for arrows and poison arrows with bows.

All groups traditionally wore loin cloths, there was no armour haha beyond a small round shield on you are to parry spears.
>>2879694
Rice.

Rice, dry cooked rice. Tomatoes and Onions in everything even though 100 years ago onions/shallots/garlic were seen as evil and it was for identifying to bring them to the palace or shrines of family. Sausage is popular, beef is the prestige meat, greens common.

But it's all centered around rice, all sides and flavor cater to it. It's basically like most African cuisine but simplified. Not too exciting. Comoros and Seychelles has better food imo.
>>
>>2878556
will you make a post on /pol/ or another flag board just to stir the shit? plz
>>
>>2878556
was ur grandma part egyptian
>>
>>2880813
there was a somalian on /pol/ a while back

he even took a picture of some sheep in his village with a timestamp
>>
>>2880813
No
>>2880818
....no, some of us are part Yemeni/Omani/Saudi/Emirati

I'm part South Indian though.
>>2880826
He posted on /afr/ seemed be be just a kid but very nice, we told him to go back to our various African forums because people sperg out which is why we change our flags so often.
>>
>>2880900
Can you understand what people from the southeast asian islands say, any common words?

From 25 years ago the country must have looked different. How has things developed since?
>>
>>2880947
Yes and no. Malagasy is basically condensed words and phrases if you break them apart you can see similarities. Numbers and basic things are in Banjar related languages and depending on where you are Sanskrit derived words are maintained. On the Western coast more Swahili terms are used but they are also found in every dialect.

Madagascar is shit and the wealthiest care of no one but themselves. Most are poor urban dwellers or subsistence farmers one bad harvest away from famine.
>>
File: mad_metisse_g.jpg (44KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
mad_metisse_g.jpg
44KB, 325x500px
Bump
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.