[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Accuracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0321.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.png
2MB, 1334x750px
So I've been playing this game called European war 3.
Would a Japanese invasion of America from Mexico have been even possible from around the 1900-14 times?
>>
>>2877937
Absolutely not.
>>
>>2877937
>1900-14 times?

At this period in time, probably not. Japan's industrialization was still underdeveloped (both in relative and absolute terms) until about 1930. It's no coincidence that Japan only started expanding in the 1930's. Yes, there was the Russian war in 1905, but Russia's military was incompetent, and Russia as a state in 1905 cannot be compared to the productive and military power of the US in the era of Roosevelt
>>
>>2877960
Not to mention that Russia was right next door, but with the US

1. The US Navy under Roosevelt was the second largest in the world after the Royal Navy. There is absolutely no way that Japan could have beaten the USA.

2. The Japanese did not have enough ships to transport men or maintain their supplies.

3. The USA was too far away for Japanese ships anyway. Japan did not have a large international system of fueling stations unlike the British or Americans.
>>
>>2877977
Great points. Not to mention the enormous requirements of a physical occupation of a whole continent, especially consider the active militias / guerrilla warfare that would take place.
>>
>>2877977
Where was most of the US fleet stationed?

Was it possible for the fleet to move trough the Panama channel?
>>
File: IMG_0295.jpg (328KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0295.jpg
328KB, 1334x750px
Just finished off most of Mexico, now moving into US, US also is fighting Canada, does this change the situation?
>>
>>2878097
the logistics for japan would have been though, also i dunno if that game considers that part of mexico is quite arid and most of it a desert with poor infrastructure
did the japanese had experience with such climate?
>>
>>2878115
It's a more simple game, its more like a little bit more in depth WW1 risk.
>>
>>2878007
Panama canal only opened in 1914. Even if hypothetically the USA had 0 boats in the Pacific they could have simply sailed around South America to btfo the Japanese
>>
File: really made me think hard.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
really made me think hard.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>2878249
What if Japan allies with one of the south american countries?
>>
Is the game worth buying?
>>
>>2878267

A) None of them would be dumb enough to go against the biggest power n the region and

B) They were engaged in a naval race against each other, so they would have no interest sending out their navies to fight in a war that would not benefit them.
>>
>>2878274
It's on the AppStore,
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.