[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death penalty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1495783607911.jpg (34KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495783607911.jpg
34KB, 480x720px
What is the agroument against death penalty when people pull ted bundy- tier shit?
>>
>waking up every morning in a jail cell for the rest of your life
>constantly remembering why you are there during the long hours of boredom
it is a more just punishment tbqh
>>
>>2875231
This.
Life in prison is worse than a few years locked up, a nice last meal and a swift, painless death.
>>
>>2875288
No it isnt, sociopaths are immune to the mental torture prison causes because they are barely even human.
>>
>>2875306
Ian Brady complained without end about his life sentence and repeatedly said he wanted to die. He was told to fuck off and think about his crimes for the rest of his life. Death was too good for him.

Permanent solitary > sweet release of death.
>>
>>2875306
"""only"""" 20% of prison inmates are psychopaths
http://www.signature-reads.com/2013/05/little-did-we-know-5-myths-about-sociopathy-debunked/
> I’m not necessarily a sadist. I intentionally hurt people sometimes, but don’t we all?
>>
I'd argue against it for the damn cost. The drug itself being used for lethal injection, the most common use of execution in the United States, costs 400 thousand dollars per use. That's not even counting the court cases & dozens of other unnecessarily expensive aspects of the process to put someone to death.

I think the death penalty should only be used when there's irrefutable evidence of guilt, & if the person is taken out back & hung from a trees immediately after being convicted. It'd save a million dollars per execution.
>>
It is a waste of resources to let them live. Executing them saves time if done properly (ala Belarus).
>>
There actually is no real argument against the death penalty other than the potential for an accidental conviction which is pretty much unforgivable. Go look up the Connecticut home invasion on Wikipedia. Even libtards want them executed. The death penalty is one of the few things virtually everyone agrees upon.
>>
>>2875409
Dude op talked about ted bundy tier shit
>>
>>2875231
But it is also more costly
>>
>>2875453
Not if you put them to do something useful.
>>
>>2875453
Prisoners work for basically slave wage, whereas a modern execution is costly as fuck for some reason.
>>
>>2875979
I'm sure there is some way to get around the cost for the execution's materials.
It is only human to grant to those people who get life sentences a chance to just opt out of life.

Also I'm pretty sure that in 30 years a inmate will cost to the government way more than 400k$.
>>
>>2875979
Mandatory appeals.

The actual killing isn't that expensive, getting the green light to do it is very expensive.
>>
>>2875412
>I'd argue against it for the damn cost. The drug itself being used for lethal injection, the most common use of execution in the United States, costs 400 thousand dollars per use. That's not even counting the court cases & dozens of other unnecessarily expensive aspects of the process to put someone to death.
>I think the death penalty should only be used when there's irrefutable evidence of guilt, & if the person is taken out back & hung from a trees immediately after being convicted. It'd save a million dollars per execution.
THIS

The only time I think the death penalty should be enacted is treason and when I mean treason, I mean somebody who sold state secrets, sold out their countrymen and put them in harm's way. Not the piss-ante version that today's polarized society likes to spout.
>>
>>2875209
The justice system isn't perfect. Having a death penalty means that sometimes innocent people will be executed.
>>
>>2875416
Pretty much this, also the case in the uk of the innocent man charged with murdering his wife, not to mention it being used to silence or destroy opposition in less than free countries.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.