[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do Hawaiians and other islander ethnicities (excluding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0207.jpg (17KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
17KB, 232x218px
Where do Hawaiians and other islander ethnicities (excluding aboriginals) lie on the spectrum when it comes to intelligence and historic achievements as a culture?
>>
>>2874920
>historic achievements

Close to zero. Not that they didn't invent lots of interesting things (not least ocean going canoes) but nothing they made was novel or useful by the time they were contacted by outsiders (with the exception of the yo-yo)

>intelligence

Moderately high, like other south east asians.
>>
File: austronesian.jpg (129KB, 898x393px) Image search: [Google]
austronesian.jpg
129KB, 898x393px
>muh boats
>>
>>2874937

I dunno man, they might not have been super advanced, but to be able to travel the distance between some of those island is pretty impressive. Also surf boards
>>
>>2874952

Sure they weren't savages, they practised agriculture and animal husbandry and they had good navigational and seafaring technology, but nothing you would describe as a "contribution to world culture". Surfing I guess, that's one more thing than many cultures contributed.
>>
>>2874963
>good navigational and seafaring technology

nigger they sailed oceans even long before the portuguese existed
>>
>>2874978

So? They did so by setting sail and hoping they bumped into land before they starved to death, brave certainly but not impressive in a technological sense.
>>
>>2874981
Actually they had pretty sophisticated ways of finding land when exploring, it wasnt just luck and hope
>>
>>2874981
>insulting based Polynesian navigation

Nigga you had best back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up.
>>
>>2874937
>Moderately high, like other south east asians.

Based on on what fucking metric?
>>
>>2876082
Maoris in New zealend have been known to have an IQ of at least 90.
Their IQ score extrapolated from PISA a few years ago was 100.
>>
>>2874981
T. A fucking moron
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.