[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The one meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1476588058800.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476588058800.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
Why do we need & Humanities? It's just a convenient excuse for off-topic /int/shit garbage and most of the time people don't even post humanities.
>>
This is a containment board meant to help clean up /int/, /pol/, and /lit/. In the case of /lit/ it hasn't helped at all.
>>
>>2874348
Because hiromoot says so and that's the only way we can discuss art and philosophy other than classical, now fuck off.
>>
>>2874353
I've come to the conclussion that every board other than /a/ is a contaiment board.

halfchinchen really was never meant to be anything other than /a/ and /b/.
>>
>>2874348
Because the cutoff between history and other fields isn't super clear. Archaeology, cliometrics, historical linguistics, population genetics, sociology, criminology, anthropology etc. are all clearly similar to history, but a purist could get butthurt and exclude them if we weren't careful.
>>
>>2874348
Why do we need History? It's just a convienent excuse for off-topic /int/ shit garbage and most of the time people just post my country>your country. Or "Look how based X is". It's not even history.
>>
>>2874359
/a/ is a containment board. The most important one of all. How can you not see that?
>>
>>2876089
>>2874353
/int/,/pol/, and /lit/ are already containment boards. There's no need to *clean* them up.
>>
>>2876329
Then truly every board is a containment board.
>>
>>2874348
>>2874353
Then let's leave &Humanities to /lit/ so that we can have a proper history board without shit threads.
>>
>>2877153
Of course 4chans purpose is to keep us away from the rest of the internet, the entire site is dedicated to containment, what are you a newfag?
>>
Humanities > History

History is just for autists quoting Wikipedia articles and repeating facts that anyone can Google in five minutes
>>
>>2878756
The problem is that the word "Humanities" is too ambiguous. It can easily be extrapolated into a discussion about eugenics, non-white genocide, nigger hate threads, etc....
>>
>>2878932
It really can't. But people do it anyway.
>>
>>2874348

Most of the /int/ style stuff takes place under the guise of "history" though,
>>
>>2878756

As an autist that quotes Wikipedia and checks facts on Google I feel that I have to point out that 90% of the people who post in the history threads are completely incapable of looking up simple information.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.