[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where was the least shitty place to live in Europe around 1500 C.E.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: QyHEyeJ.png (3MB, 5184x4073px) Image search: [Google]
QyHEyeJ.png
3MB, 5184x4073px
Where was the least shitty place to live in Europe around 1500 C.E.?
>>
Probably one of the Italian merchant republics.

Actually, fuck living in a city before modern sanitation.

Probably in the middle of some place that had fertile land and relatively low tithes.
>>
Probably the netherlands or some mediterran rich city.
>>
>>2872323
In Crimean Khanate with motorbike.
>>
If only François 1er kept on winning the Italian wars...
>>
>>2872323
Golden Horde
>>
>>2872323
not memeing here, what about living in a Muslim country as a non-muslim? you only had to pay the religious tax and they leave you in peace. Moreover, you wouldn't have been dragged into war

My bet, Tunis
>>
>>2872420
Sad for you he was an absolute faggot
>>
>>2872323
Constantinople.

As the saying goes, East stinks the least.
>>
>>2872431
No conscription was likely considered a form of disenfranchisement by some.
>>
>>2872431
Meme. You were considered a second class citizen.
>>
>>2872347
this, netherlands was the best part of europe at the time with rising living standards and most vibrant cities
>>
Sweden or Spain seems like a nice area
>>
>>2872431
Also

>Tunis
>Europe
>>
>>2872323
>1500
Venice is your best bet for a city, much as it smells now, the channels made it a far cleaner than average city before sanitation became a thing. The timing is not so good tho, right between wars.
If you're rich, the countryside might be a better bet anyway. Somewhere around Lyon would be your best bet for affluence and peacefulness.
>>
File: Olgierd.jpg (310KB, 880x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Olgierd.jpg
310KB, 880x1249px
>>2872323
>grand
>duchy
>of lithuania
>>
>>2872323
England, France, or Mamluk Egypt probably
>>
>>2872323
Aq Qoyunlu. Unpronouncable = uninvadable.
>>
>>2873706
They're also Timurids... so if you want to live in arguably the most barbaric empire to exist then yeah, that's your place.
>>
>you will never be a monk in the XVI century, working a vineyard in the peaceful countryside
>>
>>2872479
Granted, the city of Venice itself never suffered invasion. So besides general war time resource scarceness, its not too bad of a place to be even during war. Assuming of course that you're in the city of Venice and not just the Veneto.
What you really have to look out for is recurrent Plague outbreaks
>>
>>2873713
Ah, well. Never mind then. Istanbul it is!
>>
>>2873738
It's Constantinople. You may not want to pronounce things like Aq Qoyunlu (which isn't that hard), but at least get the words right. A lot of city names got changed recently to fit propaganda, Istanbul is one example, unfortunately supported by that one song.

At the very least it's anachronistic.
>>
>>2873746
Konstantiniye*
>>
>>2873699
t. EUIV pro
I hate this cringy ass people with 0 knowledge about the subject
>>
>>2873752
First of all, that's still government naming

Second, that's not rreally an English word, it's trying to put the Turkish in English like AQ Qoyunlu

Finally, it's just another form of Constantinople/Konstantinopolis, it is the same word
>>
>>2873767
don't care
>>
>>2872323
>>2872331
living in some small Italian village near the coast would be pretty comfy i imagine
>>
>>2872323
Probably Spain. Around 1500 CE the gold is about to start flowing.
>>
>western europe
italy
>eastern europe
poland
>>
>>2873955
Spain had the most opportunities but only from a militarily and artistic point of view. But if you worked on manufacturing you would be fucked due inflation
>>
>>2874038
Not in the first years of the 1500's, it's not until the reign of Charles V that the spanish industry went to the shit.
>>
>>2872478
eh, to be honest I didn't read OP was specifically asking about Europe.

Then I"ll go for Spain hoping I get onto the next ship to the New World to get rich or die tryin'
>>
>>2873842
If you want to spend most of your life taking cocks up your arse in Tunisia sure
>>
>>2874230
>Be anon, live a few miles from Trier
>Get raped by north africans
>>
>>2872323
HRE City states, because more freedom and more rights.
Anyone who says "Kingdom of ..." is just not intelligent enough for this board.
>>
>>2874385
>republics weren't as opprisive as kingdoms
>Duchies are somehow different to kingdoms
t.brainlet that thinks he is the shit
>>
>>2874400
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>2874404
>Fuck off /pol/
>i don't agree with you
> /po/-- /pol/ XD
Nice argument
>>
>>2874407
/pol/ I told you to fuck off
>>
>>2874409
>>>/pol/
>>
comfy north italian cities
>>
>>2874400
>republics are indeed freer than absolute monarchies
>duchies are not city states
are you even trying brainlet?
>>
>>2874404
dude you forgot your full stop at the end for the full "serious mode" effect
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.