[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do white people try and take credit for the Roman Empire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0975.png (130KB, 220x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0975.png
130KB, 220x279px
Why do white people try and take credit for the Roman Empire?
>>
>>2871504
Bait harder next time bro.

SAGE
A
G
E
>>
wtf I'm woke now
>>
>>2871504
/his/ is a mistake
>>
How could they have conquered and built do much if they weren't white? There had to have been a good number of Nordics and Germanics leading those Italians to greatness.
>>
>>2871504
They don't want to admit that they were still living in caves while colored people were creating civilization
>>
>>2871679
Ha snownigger
>>
>>2871688
Beating each other up with sticks is not civilization
Meanwhile Chang and gang were making China great
And the Romans were...roman-ing
>>
>>2871504
special secret History discord

https://discord.gg/NYdGns
>>
>>2871657
How is it a mistake?
>>
>>2871504
Say it with me now

WE
>>
>>2872968
ARE
>>
>>2872968
WUZ ROMANCE N SHIT
>>
>>2872987
THE
>>
We had this thread earlier today and it got deleted.
>>
Because they created and sustained it.
>>
>>2872963
/his/ is 20% decent discussion, 30% religious shitposting and 50% /pol/tards shitposting.
>>
>>2873547
20% is pretty good for a boar of this speed.
>>
>>2871504
People will make illogical claims to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>2871504
White people didn't create Rome because "white" is a social category not applicable to an ancient conquest. The Romans did not share any sense of European or white kinship with the tribes of Germany, and instead identified with the more developed Near Eastern peoples with whom they interacted more extensively.

White people did not exist until colonization, when the Spaniards and Portuguese established moral hierarchies to justify their position of power over the now-Christianized African and indigenous populations, and to also subordinate the American planter class (many of whom were not of full European descent) beneath the Old World Peninsulares.
>>
>>2872993
KINGS
>>
>>2871504
Proper Romans from Rome despised Easterners like Cretans, Syrians and Phrygians and considered them to be effeminate untrustworthy crooks. I guess a Roman in Antioch say around 300-400 AD would feel closer affinity to a German 'barbarian' rather then Levantine 'civilised' person.
>>
File: HRE.jpg (3MB, 3586x2792px) Image search: [Google]
HRE.jpg
3MB, 3586x2792px
>>2871504
Many Roman Emperors were white
>>
>>2874575
OF
>>
>>2873547
>50% butthurt redditors obsessed with /pol/
ftfy
>>
>>2874940
SHIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEET
>>
>>2874953
This. Though the number should be like 70%
>>
>>2871504
Because we are their cultural descendants. Decadents like Baudrillard even criticise us for our all-too Roman displays of violence (both political and cultural).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.