[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix modern paganism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

How do we fix modern paganism?
>>
by prescribing schizo meds
>>
>>2870651
It funny how any religion that is newish is seen as ridiculous. It almost like when people see how religions get started people can see how ridiculous they are.
>>
File: 1495368275631.jpg (167KB, 634x442px) Image search: [Google]
1495368275631.jpg
167KB, 634x442px
>>2870651
>unironically internalizing a word used to lump together all non-christians
I think it may be impossible.
>>
>>2870697
This . "Paganism" is for pseuds to jerk themselves off.
>>
>How do we westernize modern hinduism?
>>
>>2870709

some people are just more spiritual bro, and feel connected to the world around them, not some fictional world to come. the real pseuds on this board are the born again thematic catholics
>>
>>2870719
You can be Christian and be connected to the world, pagans are like murican evangelicals, ultimate larpers about how they have a spiritual purity no one else can understand because somehow it's superior.
>>
>>2870682
Well typically it is because "new" religions tend to be more about self-promoting the cult leader than about actually spreading enlightenment to the masses. Any religion which needs to hide its scriptures behind a pay-wall should immediately throw up red flags to anyone looking for spiritual sustenance.

The truly effective religious movements of the world all present their scriptures as something that anyone can pick up and study, form their own study groups, evangelize, etc.

The "Pagan" tradition (the word "pagan" being about as meaningful a term as "Everything-not-mine") are oral traditions which were severed nearly two millennium ago, and were mostly mystery-cults. Like how Scientology required hundreds of thousands of dollar donations before being made privy to the innermost secrets of the faith (read: L.Ron's shitty 50's era pulp science fiction), mystery-cults jealously hid their secrets, and therefore we actually have very little regarding the wisdom of the ancients, and most of what was there was eventually absorbed into the monotheistic tradition.

So all we have left is the pop-wisdom that modern counter-culture figures telegraph into extinct oral traditions, which in practice glorified homicide and vengeance slaying and all these other concepts which we as modern humans have abandoned.

>>2870829
I would argue that the Evangelicals are a distortion of religious tradition in the interest of promoting a secular political agenda. They're not LARPers, they're a genuine perversion of the faith.
>>
>>2870651
Those new genders look cool
>>
>>2870850
>The truly effective religious movements of the world all present their scriptures as something that anyone can pick up and study, form their own study groups, evangelize, etc.
You do realize most christians throughout history were illiterate and that one of the main agendas of the Protestants was making the bible readable for everyone, not just the educated clergy?
>>
>>2872111
>You do realize most christians throughout history were illiterate
The key word here is "most"

There was a time in western history when the only ones bothering to write anything down were Christian monks
>>
File: typical pagan.png (168KB, 529x535px) Image search: [Google]
typical pagan.png
168KB, 529x535px
You can't, they're all like this guy
>>
File: 1467150480136.png (991KB, 424x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467150480136.png
991KB, 424x960px
>>2873839
>>
>>2870651
The problem with neopaganism is that it goes against the very thing that make old beliefs what they are - natural. Some cultures are lucky enough to have retained more elements of old beliefs than others but in the end, you can't kickstart something that took centuries or millenias to develop, but especially not in the modern secular societies. If anything, I see old beliefs making a comeback in the same way many modern Christians see Christianity; as more culture than religion.
The main element of old of the old beliefs (or at least most) is the inherent connection of the individual with nature, the co-existence rather than dominance. This is something that one can live with on a day-to-day basis. But I don't see it possible for men to go to worshipping deities all of a sudden - that's what the modern LARPers are about, and it doesn't really work.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.