[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave the Parthian empire to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Leave the Parthian empire to me
>>
>>2870412
They can't encircle you if you are a square.
>>
>>2870421
*Gets peppered by Parthian missile/ archer cavalry*
>>
Anyone else wish that crassus was literally just a giant floating disembodied head.
>>
>>2872062
>implying its that much more different then iberian or thracian missile cav
>implying that heavy armoured cav is not a meme
>implying that there is such a thing as """Parthia"""
>implying fighting in the desert is that much harder then in build up, forested or hilled countryside (its freakin emtpy sand after all)

I dont think there is much to worry about here.
>>
Imagine literally using the noob square formation
>>
File: zardoz-2_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg (48KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
zardoz-2_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg
48KB, 758x426px
>>2872095
>>
>>2872119
Fuck off Crassus.
>>
>>2870412
The thing is, once the battle was underway, there was really not much he could have done differently. His colossal blunder was getting into the situation in the first place. But once he was, I'd say he handled it about as well as possible. There's really no scenario where they win on that field anyway.
>>
>>2870412
>>2872062
*Drinks liquid gold*
>>
>>2872229
Actually i thought about that a lot. There wasn't much he could do. Even if he was prepared only way he could win against them is hiring horse archer mercenaries or having lots of archers even still that wouldn`t helped him that much.
>>
>>2872250
Yep. I can't even think of a scenario where they can even escape remotely intact from the outset.
>>
How unfeasible would of been for Crassus forces to change formation into a more favorable position while being bombarded?

Most of them ended up dead anyway. Would it had been worth a shot?
>>
>>2872306
He didn't realise they had so many arrows. Don't know how much good it would have done them though
>>
>>2872326
I was thinking something along the lines of using The Turtle(tm) to move troops around and form a line, or maybe 2, which was the roman's standard tactic for fighting cavalry.

And then maybe he could of either split the enemy army, cutting off their infinite arrows wagons, or put them all on one side, giving himself more room maneuver.

I mean, even assuming this is possible, he would of lost a shit ton of men. I guess it helps my planning to know that they all died anyway.
>>
File: AnonHatesIranians.jpg (48KB, 760x420px) Image search: [Google]
AnonHatesIranians.jpg
48KB, 760x420px
>>
>>2870412
The moment he left the Euphrates to chase the Parthian army he was fucked up. Being encircled by a fuckton of horse archers was among the worst thing that could happen to a roman army without proper cavalry support.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.