[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soviet daily life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What was the life of an average joe in the soviet union llike? What were the differences in living on the countryside or in a city? and what were the differnces between government workers and "private" workers like.
>>
>>2864727
it sucked

all across the board, it sucked
>>
File: stalinbunny.jpg (31KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
stalinbunny.jpg
31KB, 338x310px
>>2864727
it was so-so.

quality of life didn't differ that much, except for government officials. generally it was overwhelmingly average. Not bad but not luxurious.
>>
>>2864727
Probably extremely different in the many republics there were. The life of someone from Tannu Tuva was radically different from a russian.

But pretty much a daily life for a low-class russian worker (inb4 there were no classes in the USSR)nwas

>wake up and eat your breakfast made by your wife
>send your children to study
>work in the factory
>sometimes talk to the union boss
>get cash
>spend it on food and shit like that
>if something bad to the economy happens then go to the bread lines
>save money to buy banned stuff like usa moveis and clothes
>sometimes get to see western shows and movies and think everyone there has a car, a big house and cool clothes
>save money to travel
>holy shit why do I need to sign all this forms just to travel
>>
You got to watch this as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIOMLgaoyk
>>
File: USSRwaifu.jpg (105KB, 675x800px) Image search: [Google]
USSRwaifu.jpg
105KB, 675x800px
>>2865136
>ywn never have a qt commie waifu to come home to after a long day at the factory

Why should I live just to sell myself to the market?
>>
>>2865320
Aw man... I'm a Russian-American. This is silly, but it makes me think of my childhood too. Not that I have any cool stories or anything... I was just 6 when I left Russia.
>>2865452
Well, it's better than selling yourself to the "glorious people's blablabla" (which in reality is ruled by a small elite, just like pretty much all societies everywhere). As for girls, why not get a nice capitalist waifu?
>>
>>2865470
The state capitalist USSR may not have been ideal but it seems allot comfier than modern America. At least in the USSR I'd be supposedly working towards the betterment of my country than the betterment of someone's bank account. Also why would I want a waifu that isn't class conscious and is just a commodity driven wage slave?
>>
Probably not as bad as 1990s North Korea during the Arduous March.
>>
https://discord.gg/6VC5Unc
>>
>>2865136
>>save money to travel
you could get resort for free

one of the union's functions is to distribute resort travel tickets -- a number of them were given for free

it was mostly black sea resorts -- current day ukraine, southern russia, caucasus

>>2865452
mostly likely you would come to an empty house because your wife would be working even longer hours

in the cities there were virtually no housewives
>>
>>2866535
Better for her to be working than fucking the postman or becoming "depressed" and getting strung out on prescription drugs during the day.
>>
>>2865605
You can work for the betterment of your country if you live in the US. Whether you think your country is worth working for is a different matter entirely. It seems to me like you don't really like it that much.
>>
>>2866535
I think it's to travel to different E block countries, i know my grandparents loved going to Czechoslovakia
>>
>>2866594
I no longer think the country stands for the values it was founded upon and once stood for. I think that's something both the left and right outside the status quo can agree on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.