[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terms which should be removed from the lexicon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Leaf....jpg (24KB, 234x250px)
Leaf....jpg
24KB, 234x250px
>Judeo-Christian
Usually used in a context of undefined "Judeo-Christian" values or "Judeo-Christian civilization." The values found in Christianity and Judaism are rather different despite both religions using the same Old Testament figures. Nothing unique exist between Judaism and Christianity which would bind together Christendom and Judaism that would exclude Islam, Manichaeism, Gnosticism or arguably even Zoroastrianism.
>islamofascism
A meaningless buzzword combining two of America's most hated ideologies. Ba'athism is secular Arab Nationalism. Saudi Arabia practices Sunni Islamic Monarchism. Iran practices Shia Islamic Republicanism. Groups such as ISIS, the Taliban and Al Qaeda are fundamentalist Islamic organizations. None of these are Fascist.
>Native American
Anyone born in America is, by technical definition, a native American.
>>
>Islamophobia
Being afraid of or hostile towards islam is not a mental condition. Especially not when it's based on a rational consideration of what the religion is promoting and claiming as truth.
>>
>>2863810
He didn't call it a mental condition. No one considers it a mental condition. Have fun spanking that strawman.
>>
>>2863828
>He didn't call it a mental condition
Who is he?
>No one considers it a mental condition.
Which is why the word is so ill-suiting as the meaning of the term have nothing to do with a phobia.
>Have fun spanking that strawman.
What strawman would that be?
>>
>>2863852
Xenophobia, technophobia, homophobia and many more, none of these imply mental issues, ending in "phobia" doesn't necessarily imply that at all.
>>
>>2863810
as overused as this is, it does accurately describe a cultural phenomenon primarily in the US that leads to local governments passing meaningless anti-sharia law laws, people making pork-filled bullets, etc.
>>
the judeo-christian thing is peculiar. did any christians ever use that word before WWII and the holocaust?
>>
>>2863810
The same goes for "Islamophobia"
>>
"Dark Age"
>>
>Antisemitism

Being hostile to the Jews doesn't make you hostile to all Semitic people. This word is often used by the Jews, Zionists and liberals to silence legitimate criticism of Judaism and the influence the Jewish people had on our society
>>
>>2863912
Nope.

If anything it was used to mean converts, certainly not indicative of a shared gestalt. Before WWII most Europeans disliked jews (and made sure they kept quiet about it afterwards)

It's just a dressed up way of saying white and western. It doesn't mean Ethiopian christians, or Russian Orthodoxy, or South American evangelists.
>>
>>2863875
>Refering to something as a mental condition doesn't imply said mental condition.
Really anon?
The fact that people doesn't actually mean what they say is irrelevant. The point remains that calling something a phobia when it's not makes for a bad term which is what we are discussing in this thread.
>>
>>2863877
I was going to argue against you but then I realised that I can't come up with a counter-argument. Might be that there is a good usage for the term after all.
>>
>>2863948
I agree. Anti-jewism would be a much more accurate label as antisemitism, in its common usage, is even stupidier than replacing islamophobia with antiarabism.
>>
>>2864043
I've met a few rednecks who were so freaked out by 9/11 they had an actual irrational fear of muslims, as in they would start shaking and had to leave the room when they saw a muslim. that's islamophobia, a racist dude is completely different.
>>
>>2863565
>Judeo-Christian
I would actually go one further than you did, I've never understood this coinage at all because to me you can't get much more fundamentally opposed than Christianity and Judaism. Christianity is an explicit rejection of Judaism as a faith or a morality and Judaism explicitly rejects Christ as the messiah. I don't understand how there's any shared values whatsoever beyond the history and the antagonism
>>
>>2864075
Good point.
>>
>>2864075
It's literally a neocon forced meme.
>>
>>2863948
>not understanding the term refers to ethnic Jews not necessarily religious Jews
>>
>>2863565
A U T I S M
>>
>>2863565
Judeo-Christian refers to the cultural osmosis between the two has led to the majority of both to have the same values
>>
>>2863565
>antiracism
>antifascism
EVERYONE ARE AGAINST IT
YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL, FAGGOT
>>
>>2864235
>Judeo-Christian refers to the cultural osmosis between the two has led to the majority of both to have the same values
Even today they don't.
>>
>>2864236
Let me guess, you are a simplistic reductionist that thinks that everyone doing something you dislike is just doing it to virtue signal.
>>
>>2863565
I would argue that Native American is useful enough to retain. Amerindian is used broadly to refer to natives of both continents where Native American is only ever applied to North American natives and their descendants from what I've seen. The rest I agree with.
>>
>>2863966
Despite how much cultures have emerged from their influence, the Old and New Testament preach largely the same values. The religious mindset of a jew and a christian is certaingly different from a muslim's
>>
>>2864075
Because the New Testament is essentially a reformation of the old one?
>>
>>2864443
If you read it you'd know that isn't the case.
>>
>>2864029
Phobia doesn't mean "mental condition" you fucking retard
>>
>>2864218
It often refers to religious Jews as well. For example, if anyone points out the fact that Judaism permits and even encourages the enslavement and rape of non-Jews, he is usually accused of "antisemitism"
>>
>>2863966
>It's just a dressed up way of saying white and western.
No it isn't.
>>
>>2863565
>Terrorism
Every incident should be referred to as an [armed] attack or strike, shooting, killing, massacre, bombing etc.
>>
>>2863565
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Christianity, is in fact, Judeo-Christianity, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Judaism plus the New Testament. Christianity is not a religion unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Abrahamic system made useful by the jewish values, systems and vital beliefs comprising a theological belief system as defined by (((them))).
>>
>>2863565
Judeo-Christian values is a way to say white Christian values without making the Jews feel threatened. The Jews don't give a shit about shitskins but they do care about nationalist rhetoric as they would invariably be targeted as foreigners. Anyone who uses the term Judeo-Christian is a fucking Breitbart faggot who has fallen into kike-worship alongside the POTUS.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.