[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Universal literacy was a mistake Was he right lads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (163KB, 750x819px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
163KB, 750x819px
>Universal literacy was a mistake

Was he right lads?
>>
[citation needed]
>>
>>2860779

>That everyone can learn to read will ruin in the long run not only writing, but thinking too.

Zarathustra, Part 1, Section VII
>>
He was wrong about everything. Allthough I agree that universal literacy is ultimately a negative it's for different reasons.
>>
>>2861079
What is your reason?
>>
>>2860850
Damn that's a redpill if I've ever seen one
>>
>>2861079
Retarded people write retarded shit and less retarded people will believe it if the retarded shit is written well enough.
>>
>>2861315
It creates another level of possible manipulation. Humans never needed literacy to manipulate each other, though. At least literacy starts to put people on some sort of even ground. Doesn't matter because of the black hole that is trolling and memes.
>>
>>2861079
>He was wrong about everything.

hegeltard detected
>>
>>2861079
I doubt you even know the reasons for why Zarathustra said that.
>>
>>2861079
>>2861377
*tips fedora*
>>
>>2861079
>He was wrong about everything
>t. Hegel
>>
Vast swathes of the third world are still illiterate, I mean fuck, here in the U.K something like 7-10% have the functional literacy of a young child.
>>
>>2860769
It was certainly a mistake to make Nietsche literate.
>>
It depends if you want your nation to be ruined and fall into irrelevancy than illiteracy is the way to go.
>>
The real mistake was universal franchise
>>
>>2861694
Why did Zarathustra say it?
>>
>>2860769
No, only Universal Sufferage was a mistake.
>>
>>2863206
He read Hegel
>>
>>2863233
No, it's the education system that is lagging behind. Obviously not in certain countries but the US system is designed to produce factory workers.
>>
>>2860769
Universal literacy outside of the cities wasn't even a thing in his time.
>>
I can actually sort of understand this sentiment, but at the end of the day literature and writing is only a more sophisticated form of manipulation and mistakes. If people can't read they'll just fall for spoken sophistry or their own emotional passions instead.
TL;DR Man will always be irrational and fallible
>>
>>2863846
Literature and writing teaches man to think properly, but once he extracts his ideas from his experiences, they become vulnerable to debate.

Most people just don't debate then I guess.
>>
>>2862644

US is like this too, nigs can't read
>>
>>2864177
Lots of Hispanics and poor whites too.
>>
>>2864248

spics can't even speak english
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.