[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his name again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Spaghetti.jpg (343KB, 589x844px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti.jpg
343KB, 589x844px
What was his name again?
>>
Luigi "Crap at Caporetto" Cadorna
Luigi "Infinite Isonzo" Cadorna
>>
>>2857813

Did he actually do anything wrong? What would you have done differently? It's easy to criticize with the benefit of hindsight. It's much harder to be the man who actually has to make the tough calls that get shit done.
>>
>>2858027

Trying the same thing time and again, whilst expecting a different outcome is insanity.
>>
Are we talking about Luigi "shoot my men until the war's over, then" Cadorna?
Luigi "leave no man alive, not even yourself" Cadorna?
Luigi "bloody foam all the way to Rome" Cadorna?
Luigi "flee and I'll take your life for free" Cadorna?
Luigi "Eleven times more into the breach, lads" Cadorna?
Luigi "Artillery Shmartillery" Cadorna?
Luigi "Supply my troops and I'll court martial your group" Cadorna?
Luigi "You call this dull? Look at all those Italian skulls!" Cadorna?
Luigi "More bodies for the Isonzo, Bonzo" Cadorna?
Luigi "Viscera? Que sera, sera" Cadorna?
Luigi "Spaghetti butcher" Cadorna
Luigi "Biggest employer at Steyr" Cadorna
Luigi "Casket connoisseur" Cadorna
Luigi "They'll never suspect a frontal attack 11 more times" Cadorna
Luigi "Meat grinder expert" Cadorna
Luigi "Generalissimo Genocide" Cadorna
Luigi "Wait, I'm not Austrian?" Cadorna
>>
>>2858027

t. Mussolini
>>
>>2858027
>Did he actually do anything wrong?
Yes, plenty. Tactically speaking he was barely mediocre apparently, and certainly I don't know enough to criticizre that, but the real problem he had was personnel management: he was convinced that most of the officer corps was made of inexperienced and incompetent fools, which he fired for no reason whatsoever. While for the most part he was kinda right in his assessment of the officers (the replacements were usually more qualified), this destroyed both morale and initiative in the officer corps, who never knew whether doing or not doing something would get them fired, so they were tentative or downright inactive as a result. Paradoxically he was also extremely lax in controlling the officers he actually liked, who consequently basically did whatever the fuck they wanted with no coordination between them (which was basically the reason Caporetto happened).
>>
>>2857813
Luigi "wait, I'm the guy on the left?" Cadorna
>>
File: Master_of_blade.jpg (143KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Master_of_blade.jpg
143KB, 900x1200px
>Its over Luigi, I have the high ground!

>Heh, you underestimate my power, kiddo
>>
>>2858027
>>2858317
IIRC he also had this bizarre view of his soldiers which demanded they be kept in spartan, borderline deprived conditions, with very few, if any, amenities.
>>
File: cadorna_quote.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
cadorna_quote.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>2857813
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.