[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Phoenician society. What was life like for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: hannibal.jpg (206KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
206KB, 695x960px
Tell me about Phoenician society.

What was life like for the average person? What if you were wealthier? How skilled were they militarily (pic related)? Just give me everything you know on this topic.
>>
Shit, I meant Carthaginian, same same though (from what I understand, if not please enlighten me)
>>
>>2855999
Nice bait man
>>
>>2856006
How the fuck is this bait faggot?
>>
>>2855999
you ask this shit just to have opportunity to post the Black lord
>>
>>2856011
not him but Hannibal didn't rule Carthage, and Carthaginians weren't black, they were Phoenician (hence, the punic wars)
>>
>>2856020
What?
>>2856023
Source? I find it hard to believe considering it was in Africa but I'll suspend my disbelief for a moment and read a link if you can provide one
>>
>>2856023
Hannibal did rule carthage after the second punic war you dipshit.
>>
>>2856049
no he didn't, he was chief magistrate
>>
File: 1409600662091.jpg (18KB, 337x367px)
1409600662091.jpg
18KB, 337x367px
>>2856036

>I find it hard to believe considering it was in Africa

subtle
>>
>>2856036
what do you want me to link you? Carthage was Phoenician, e.g Semitic. Semitic =/= black, it's common sense you afrocentric moron
>>
>>2855999
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>2856113
Fuck off, I'm only asking for a source dude
>>
>>2856036
it's basic information that carthage was a phoenician colony. you don't need me linking you to the wikipedia page to know that. also even if you account for natives assimilating into the colony, they still wouldn't be black. north africa looks quite a bit different than sub-saharan africa
>>
>>2855999
This fucking image makes me laugh every time
>>
>>2856240
>Dude, the holohoax lmao, it's common knowledge so I don't need to give you a source
>Dude, X is known by EEEVVEERRRYYYBBBOOOODDDYY, to hell with proof when the collective agrees on something!
I'm not doubting you, I'm merely asking for proof, proof which you have still not provided which leads me to believe there may be some fault in your claim.. but who knows, we don't have any proof!
>>
>>2856252
I'm not the guy, but I'll oblige your autism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carthage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicia
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Berber
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers

If you don't believe Wikipedia, check the sources at the bottom of each page

As for Carthage's society, etc, IIRC we don't have any Carthaginian records, but the Romans say the city had a plutocratic government with an assembly of some sort and a hereditary King and Queen who had equal power. The city was a Phoenician colony so it had culture pretty similar to that of Canaan, and they worchipped Canaanite gods. Pretty sure the main deity was the moon goddess Tanit, since her symbol was the symbol of Carthage
>>
>>2855999
What's the point of this bait thread?Why are you here this is a white mans website
>>
>>2856252
Who tf said anything about the holocaust fucking shithead this is funny bait but just cool it down Retard
>>
File: drawgirl.png (44KB, 438x606px)
drawgirl.png
44KB, 438x606px
>Cadiz (Gadir)
>Malaga (Malaka)
>Cartagena (Qart Hadašt - Cartago Nova)
>Ibiza (Ibossim)
Spain has phoenician heritage, celtic heritage, iberian (neolithic) heritage... what a rich lucky country
>>
>>2856885
Don't forget
>Barcelona (named after Hamilcar Barca)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.