[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: paultheapostle.png (619KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
paultheapostle.png
619KB, 500x550px
I haven't read the NT in full so I don't have an opinion of him but is there any opposition to this guy? Guy never met Jesus yet half or more of the NT is attributed to the guy.

Why is his stuff part of the canon as opposed to other writers writing from that era? How important/necessary is he for Christianity?
>>
>>2852747
he was a based j00 and the kikes hate him so he is definitely essential
>>
>>2852747
Why not include Augustine or even Aquinas?
>>
You can't define something you don't know, and just find the answer on a trash can easily.

if you want some answer go to the source and the word, not to the naysayer and hypocrites like the two people above me,

not to mention you're browsing on a website full of racist/atheist/stupid/hillbilly/biased/ people

you can find the answer on the book of St, mark before Paul's writings,

also if you're a christian Which I doubt, then you will already know, Paul of tarsus become an instrument of God, literally it's written on the first paragraph of his book, don't be fucking lazy

only a fool would find some advice on the blind
>>
>>2852872
>Paul of tarsus become an instrument of God
according to paul. doesn't mean much by itself.
>>
>>2852747
He was hugely influential on Christianity and Jews hate him more than they hate Jesus.
>>
>>2852747
Well, his stuff is about as relevant as if a Scientology member that never met Ron Hubbard would today write down the teachings of Scientology.
OF course he would make Ron the son of god and resurrected and blablabla. Maybe you'd even find some of Ron's theology in there, along with every other popular myth at the time. Because sects are a business.

So yes, Paul founded the Christian religion, most of the theology is based on him and his teachings, and if there is any Jesus left, then it is very little.
>>
In the Book of Acts Jesus appears before Paul and Paul preforms miracles like the other Apostles.

Now, Paul figures differently for different Christians. For Catholics and Orthodox, Paul is generally read through the lens of the Gospel, and considered equal with other Apostles.

For many Protestants, justification by faith and faith alone, and the worthlessness of works requires reading the rest of the Bible through the lens of Paul.

My wife grew up Baptist so I've been going to Baptist churches for a few years. I think I've heard more about Paul than Jesus, and never heard any study on Peter or John.

Apparently Luther considered scrapping James from the Bible entirely.

While most American Protestants are fairly ignorant of Church history; for instance, they think American Evangelical traditions are the norm and Catholics and Orthodox a weird offshoot, the theology they teach still austudiously avoids parts of the Bible considered central by the Latin, Eastern, and Coptic churches.
>>
The earliest New Testament/Covenant writings are Paul's, so it can be said he started the trend for the writing of NT literature.
>>
>>2852747

-the new testament is a short book
-to know of Paul you only need to read Acts of the apostles and his epistles, or at least the undisputed ones (7), that are also the most important ones. That is less than half of the New Testament.

First Thessalonians (c. 50 AD)
Galatians (c. 53)
First Corinthians (c. 53–54)
Philippians (c. 55)
Philemon (c. 55)
Second Corinthians (c. 55–56)
Romans (c. 57)
>>
>>2853955

Paul was recognized as an apostle by Peter
Galatians mentions a problem they had

Paul Opposes Cephas

11 When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 “We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[d] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

17 “But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”[e]
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.