[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Industrialisation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-SaigoTakamoriUniform.jpg (18KB, 220x322px) Image search: [Google]
220px-SaigoTakamoriUniform.jpg
18KB, 220x322px
Which countries period of industrialisation was the most epic and why is it Japan's Meiji Restoration?
>>
Because they went from a shitty feudal state to an imperial power in the span of just a few decades. why didn't China manage to do the same? or Korea?
>>
>>2852500
He's a big guy.
>>
>>2852516
In the case of china, they were way too arrogant going into the opium wars. They were also the first asian target of imperialism, which meant Japan had the benefit of watching and learning from china's mistakes. Meanwhile Korea was still cucked by China as a vassal, so their affairs were basically dictated by China until Japan came in and replaced them. The Japanese were smart enough to recognize the threat Europeans posed.
>>
File: view.jpg (907KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
907KB, 800x1136px
>>2852500
Russia's was pretty ebin

They took a massive, sparsely populated and mostly-agrarian state to a premier industrial power within 3 decades

all they had to do was kill tens of millions and steal a bunch of machinery from Germany
>>
>>2852556
With absolutely gorgeous art in the form of propaganda. Russian art has been beautiful for decades. Always pushing the envelope. Have to love that.
>>
File: a22149d1f2825dd9a0b3bf9431b28544.jpg (350KB, 738x1070px) Image search: [Google]
a22149d1f2825dd9a0b3bf9431b28544.jpg
350KB, 738x1070px
>>2852577
this is true

they went from avant-garde to borderline-classical/hyper-real triumphalism without a hitch
>>
>>2852500
I like America's desu
>>
I agree with the statement that Japan's industrialization was epic, what with how rapidly it was occurring, but I would argue England's own steps towards industry is the most epic due it never being done before on such a scale. They were the model all other countries followed.
>>
>>2852556
It would have been fun for a gopnik laborer who genuinely believes he is building a utopia by flexing his big slavic muscles everyday but not an administrator who cannot criticize any inefficiency they find without being sent to the gulag.
>>
>>2852743
This, Japan and Meiji looked to Britain as inspiration and justification for industrialisation. Without Britains industrialisation Japan wouldn't have industrialised and probably much of the world really.
>>
>>2852743
>>2852759
It would be comfier being a Japanese entrepreneur though. In Britain starting off with low tech it was a risky slow process for only small benefits while in Japan it was a fast paced rush to import all the goodies from the Nanban merchants and put them into practice, each providing a huge boon to the economy, all almost tax free for a while thanks to the "unfair" treaties.
>>
>>2852500
>and why is it Japan's Meiji Restoration
Japan was already industrializing pretty quickly before the Meiji Restoration. Tozama Daimyo and merchants in their domains had started industrializing before Sankoku was even lifted as well.
>>
>>2852758
Just have the administrator call the gopnik laborer an imperialist wrecker and have him sent to gulag instead. Problem solved.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.