[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>burn half of a state to the ground >rape and murder hundreds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>burn half of a state to the ground
>rape and murder hundreds of thousands of civilians
>claim after the fact that you did it because of total war
>whilst the campaign barely holds any significance
>claim the south started the war
>be considered a hero in the history books

Was he the first modern war criminal?
>>
talk shit get hit
>>
>>2845607
Do it again Sherman!
>>
>>2845607

Every one of those greentexts is wrong.
>>
>>2845607
I for one absolutely love /pol/fags LARPing as southern apologists, I really can't get enough of this edgy bullshit being spammed dozens of times a day.
>>
Lost Cause bullshit.

There was no mass rape, mass murder or indiscriminate destruction of property. The image of marauding Yankee is a post-war myth.
>>
>>2845631
where the hell did i say the south did anything right?
>>
File: 1490451547646.jpg (119KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
1490451547646.jpg
119KB, 772x817px
>>2845607
You're probably from the South, sit back down or we'll burn Atlanta again.
>>
>>2845607
DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY
I only wish I could've seen it in person.
>>
File: 1491722554770.jpg (27KB, 294x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491722554770.jpg
27KB, 294x325px
>>2845607
>rape and murder hundreds of thousands of civilians
>>
File: Sherman[1].jpg (16KB, 199x244px) Image search: [Google]
Sherman[1].jpg
16KB, 199x244px
>>2845607
>"You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail".

William Tecumseh Sherman to Prof. David F. Boyd at the Louisiana State Seminary (24 December 1860), as quoted in The Civil War : A Book of Quotations (2004) by Robert Blaisdel
>>
File: IMG_1118.jpg (74KB, 470x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1118.jpg
74KB, 470x813px
They got off too easy.
>>
>>2845650
>burn Atlanta again

This would do Georgia a lot of good.
>>
>>2845644
/thread
>>
>>2845769
Shut up hick.
>>
File: 1495213235055.png (111KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
1495213235055.png
111KB, 400x454px
>>2845607
>Was he the first modern war criminal?
I wouldn't really call it war crime, maybe something else. Its kind of a "peculiar institution" so to speak. Also it is a part of our heritage and I think you people should respect that.
>>
>>2845779
I don't even live in Georgia, but Atlanta is a fucking mess.
>>
>>2845790
How so?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.