[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1867.jpg (45KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1867.jpg
45KB, 850x400px
What did he mean by this?
>>
It speaks for itself. Christianity has been decaying since Luther.
>>
>>2843772

He means that Christianity and reason are incompatible.
>>
Live strictly by gods word, the bible. Dont interpret it.
>>
>>2843772
Sola fide and Sola scriptura imply not trusting human reason.

That's why young earth creationism, glossolalia, McChurches and other idiocies are so common in Protestantism.
>>
>>2843806
The Bible doesn't call itself God's word. Why do you? Christ is the word (logos). Scripture isn't. People can't even agree which books constitute the Bible and whenever someone claims to know the answer it's only their opinion.
>>
>tfw Luther was right
>>
He knows that christianity is unreasonable but unlike most christcucks he is willing to admit it.
>>
Germans tried to destroy reason too?
>>
>>2843945
Are you really surprised?
>>
If you can prove God through reason what is the use of faith or belief? To prove God is to disprove religion.
>>
>>2843772
He means that faith shouldn't abide by the laws of reason.
It used to be a common criticism of the Roman church that they made matters of faith "small" by overanalysing them
>>
>>2844339
>If you can prove God through reason what is the use of faith or belief?
Just because something is reasonable doesn't mean doesn't take faith to believe it. God never commanded "don't use reason while thinking about me or having faith in me" in fact it seems preferable to use SOME reason instead of blind faith.
>>
>>2843779
>>2843908
So Protestantism is just justification for atheism?
>>
>>2843806
How the fuck am I supposed to do that?
>>
>>2844383
>He means that faith shouldn't abide by the laws of reason
Why not just say that? After all, "destroying" reason in christians is a much different message.
>>
>>2843772
He just wantex to start petty squabbles so that he's vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant.
>>
>>2844399
you use "reason" here to mean the process of rationalising a predilection, rather than the process of reaching truth. Religious thinkers assume the truth of their religion before they begin thinking, as do all people, since philosophising is self-discovery.
>>
>>2844403
Christianity in general is proto-atheism; Protestantism is just AIDS to Christianity's HIV.
>>
>>2844674
That actually is reason-able.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.