[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the ottomans basically muslim romans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Ottoman_empire_525x600[1].png (185KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ottoman_empire_525x600[1].png
185KB, 525x600px
Were the ottomans basically muslim romans?
>>
Well they were about as Roman as the Byzantines were, that's for sure.
>>
File: troy turk.png (118KB, 533x562px) Image search: [Google]
troy turk.png
118KB, 533x562px
>>2843020
They're Muslim Trojans
>>
>>2843020
They were Romans yes.
>>
>>2843060
That is fascinating. It makes one wonder if there was any similar trojan vengeance behind the Greco-Italian War also.
>>
>>2843060

>mfw this made me like the ottomans a little

It's delusional nonsense, but his heart is in the right place...
>>
>>2843020
This map is incredible exaggerated. The Ottomans only held Crimea in Ukraine, only controlled the northern coastlines of North Africa save for Tunisia and Egypt, had no territory in Chad, Niger not much territory in Sudan and just a slither of territory in Eritrea.
>>
>>2843049
the Byzantines were the direct continuation of the Roman Empire - the Ottomans were conquerors, it doesn't mean they're the same thing
>>
>>2843020
Ottomans were humorless and stuffy compared to romans.
>>
>>2843020
They had the ambition for sure. It's implied in his correspondence between Mehmet II and his sadrazam that he wanted to take Rome. Thus his invasion of Otranto as a foothold in Italy. He died before any meaningful advance though. Also he called himself Kayser-i Rum (Caesar of Rome)
>>
Just like Anglo-Americans are Cherokee/Sioux/Navajo.
>>
>>2843091
They held Podolia for a time period. They never reached Galicia, though.
>>
>>2843060
Jesus Christ, does Turkish WEWUZism know no end?
>>
>>2843208
Because you had the sultanate of Rum not long before
The >>2843020
No the British empire was the true third Rome
>created colony in Crimea to save the last byzantines
>Britain was founded by a Trojan fleeing the wreckage of Troy
>all kings became English overtime just like how Syrians and berbers called themselves TRVE ROMANS
>at its peak had puppet kings in all important countries
>almost brought to ruin by German betrayal
>but bounced back and then slowly declined to be sacked by a German again only to continue on in a different land that throughly used British culture
>>
>>2843239
Who didn't WEWUZ Trojans?
>>
Byzantine successor state, just like the Odoacer in Italy.
jk, have literally no idea what this question is meant to mean.
>>
>>2843020
Not at all, the Romans left a positive impact on mankind and made strides for human civilisation, the Ottomans did literally nothing but go to war and occupy.
>>
>>2843049
But the Turks weren't Roman at all?
>>
TURKISH continuation of the ROMAN empire

islam just a meme for the sultan to use as casus belli
>>
File: OttomanEmpire.jpg (456KB, 1500x1371px) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpire.jpg
456KB, 1500x1371px
>>2843091
here is the actual map
>>
File: but_thats_wrong.png (428KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
but_thats_wrong.png
428KB, 640x480px
>>2843049
nobody called them "Byzantines" while they were around idiot. Everyone called them Romans, they called themselves "Empire of the Romans", and finally their government was a direct continuation of the roman empire.
>>
>>2843199
Don't act as if you ever listened to ottoman music or read ottoman poetry.
>>
>>2843935
>""eastern""
>"""roman"""
>"""""empire"""""
>>
>>2843897
that turkey today is wrong
>>
>>2843333
>No the British empire was the true third Rome
this
nice quads
>>
File: roach delusions 1.png (52KB, 605x373px) Image search: [Google]
roach delusions 1.png
52KB, 605x373px
>>
File: re.jpg (94KB, 583x589px) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
94KB, 583x589px
>>2843020
Like the Byzantines? kinda...
>>
>>2843060
Is this the origin of anatolism?

I don't even know who should the turks wewuz as since they are all extremely mixed but at least they should wewuz as the turkic (TURKIC ISN'T TURKISH BTW) tribes of central asia.
>>
>>2843020
Who is "Ottomans"? Turks were Asians, but they were minority of Ottoman empire even in 18 century.
>>
>>2843239
when you're descended from horse people who's only culture is murder and rape, you gotta grab hold of something real every now and again, even if it isn't yours.
>>
>>2843020

They literally called thier emperor "Caesars"
>>
If we're going to call the Ottoman Empire the political successor of the Roman state we might as well call the Odacerian Kingdom and the Holy Roman Empire Roman too, right? Just because some Ottoman Sultans claim to be the "descendants of caesar" doesn't mean they actually were the rightful heirs of the Roman Empire. The Ottomans were the gravediggers of what remained of the Eastern Roman Empire.
>>
>>2843060
aw
>>
>>2843020
They named themselves kays-i-rum (if i named it right) and the sultan who conquered the byzantines planned to invade southern italy but died soon after.
>>
>>2843060
MUH HERITAGE
>>
>>2846828
That's what everyone calls their emperors dumbass. Most European words for emperor originate from Ceasar's name
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.