[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: hiroshima.jpg (88KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
hiroshima.jpg
88KB, 675x450px
What are your thoughts on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
>>
My thoughts are that it's a shame there probably isn't a hell because Truman deserves burning in it forever.
>>
File: 16f1c18 (2).jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
16f1c18 (2).jpg
9KB, 200x200px
He's grossly incompetent.
>>
After the shit Japanese pulled in China and Manchuria (Nanking, Unit 731), how they treated allied PoWs (Bataan death march), and overall complete disregard for the civilian lives of countries they occupied, it was completely justified, in fact they got off easy, if you ask me.
Talk shit - get hit
>>
>>2839422
I can't think of a more relevant "holy fuck everything we have or ever wanted just got blown up" event in history.

Essentially, it was the end of Japan as an independent nation.
>>
WAR CRIME
A
R

C
R
I
M
E
>>
>>2839422

Pearl Harbor was worse.
>>
>>2839422
It was monstrous.

It was also the correct decision to have made.
>>
I think it's time we stopped having this almost daily fucking thread.
>>
>>2839422
Why did America target Catholic areas to bomb?
>>
>>2839422
Decent fireworks
>>
>>2839422
A necessary decision to spare the lives of both the Japanese and American forces. A mainland invasion of Japan would've been absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>2839437
This was entirely necessary.
>>
It was the correct decision, and anyone who disagrees is an extreme weeaboo, a limp wristed self hating leftie, or a commie disappointed that the Soviets wernt able to get a piece of Japan in the negotiation process.
>>
>>2841670
The cities were chosen more on industrial production than anything else.
>>
Never been.

Can't comment.
>>
>>2839438
>Nanking, Unit 731
That was some nasty stuff. The atom bombs hardly compare.
>>
>>2839422
It is ethically unsound to bomb civilian targets. Fire bombing was worse in many cases than the Atomic bombings, but in all cases it is unethical. If we are dealing with political reality, we needed to have a conditional surrender and meet the Japanese halfway. We dropped the bombs to get unconditional surrender and to avoid a land invasion-which wouldn't be needed if the Americans continued the bombing campaign and went for a less harsh surrender. The reasons for unconditional are fine and good, democracy and demilitarization and all that but I think it was the wrong call.
>>
>>2842278
Democracy is merely another excuse for American imperialism.
>>
>>2842580
Democracy doesn't even apply in America lmao

Your vote literally doesn't count if you live in one side of a state border.
>>
>>2839422
Stupid a naval blockade won ww1
>>
>>2839422

2 were not enough.
>>
>>2839438
>murdering civilians is completely justified because other guys killed civilians first

Dumping nukes on manchurian army would be justified, killing innocents is not.
>>
>>2844226
TWO
>>
>>2839438
I mean some of that is bad but there's nothing really wrong with trying to genocide the C*inks.
>>
>>2841691
Also to prevent Japan from turning into Korea II with the Soviets wanting to invade as well.
>>
>>2839972
This, just like Dresden
>>
what else should've they done?
>>
>>2842278
If WW1 proved anything it was that armistices and half-measures against implacable foes aren't effective at building a lasting post-war peace.
>>
>>2839972
well without it the Japs would have committed more war crimes.

They had orders to instantly bayonet all allied PoW's if the allies invaded the home islands.
>>
>>2839422
think there should have been a few more cities added to the list
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.