[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How poop relates to Indian civilzation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Indian_Flag.jpg (368KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Indian_Flag.jpg
368KB, 2048x1360px
>has cows poop in their homes for good
>defecates in the open
>Uses poop in toothpaste
>handles poop on a regular bases
>Flag emblem looks like an anus
Seriously, how did an entire civilization come to revolve around feces?
>>
>>2838369
It's nature, brah. Within you without you, becoming one with Atman and all that shit Georgie Harrison said.
>>
>>2838369
Don't forget
>skin looks like poop
>>
Don't forget
>food has fecal mater in it
>>
>>2838514
>feels good having light golden skin
>>
>fecal matter has other peoples fecal matter on it
>>
File: 1230794268125.gif (986KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1230794268125.gif
986KB, 140x140px
>>2838532
>>
Shit was used in India back in the 1400s and the 1500s as a way to prevent ants from crawling into the buidling. Indians would just cover the floors of their houses with cow dunk and wait for it dry. One of the men who travelled with Vasco da Gama describes this. I can't find a source right now but if you've read NIgel Cliff's "Holy War" then you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2838369
IIRC that shitting in the open thing is something that happens more in the north.
>>
>>2838544
>I can't find a source right now
Of course that's how it usually goes...

I tried looking for a source right now and couldn't find one myself btw.
>>
What else to expect from a country filled with assholes?
>>
>>2838369
>how did an entire civilization come to revolve around feces
Ask the Germans.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2011/09/europe-201109
>>
>>2838544
>>2838553

I'm pretty sure it's also mentioned in Gandhi's autobiography, where he also mentions that this is essentially a peasant practice and that their homes are remarkably clean overall.

Not that anybody in this thread about Indian history is going to have read Gandhi's Autobiography...
>>
>>2838822
>he also mentions that this is essentially a peasant practice
So 99.99% of India?
>>
>>2838762
Childhood is thinking Jews perverted Germany. Adulthood is realizing Jews and Germans are equally perverse and that Southern Europeans are the only clean race.
>>
>>2838831
>So 99.99% of India?
Wew
>>
>>2838831

He compares it with the better off, who frequently have extremely messy bathrooms or shit in the street because the cleaning is for someone else. There's an explicit caste-based divide around sanitation work that he's trying to point out.
>>
Cowpats are a good source of fuel if you are a poor dirt farmer and is far easily available Yes it looks gross but it is a good fuel source to light fires and generate heat.
>>2838831
>>2838831
and the 0.01 take american tech jobs.
>>
>>2838880
>and the 0.01 take american tech jobs.
In a country with over a billion people 0.01 is a formidable number
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.