[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do extroverted people have a sound internal mind? When I talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1349330583725.jpg (381KB, 1600x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1349330583725.jpg
381KB, 1600x1077px
Do extroverted people have a sound internal mind? When I talk to extroverted people, it seems they say whatever that comes to their mind without much internalization. This leads to situations where these extroverted people do not mean what they say or do not understand what they say. They do not seem to take care in the use of language to convey what they mean.

As an introvert and after talking to some other introverts, it seems like whatever we say always has to meet the rational criteria before we actually say it. Things that don't make sense in our mind just doesn't come out. (Now this isn't to say what makes sense in our mind is right, but rather whatever comes out of an introvert's mouth usually seem to make perfect sense to an introvert and has a concrete basis of their usage of the words/language to convey what they mean.) In contrast, the extroverts I've argued with throws meaningless things in hopes of something sticking. Its like they're playing some sort of darts game where they're just throwing random things that matches what's being argued. This doesn't seem to apply to normal conversation as they are more fluid and can go from one sentence to another as if they're simply repeating words types by a professional.

What do you make of this?
>>
I just label them as either normies or people who might be normies.
>>
>>2837340
>What do you make of this?

1) you talk to a lot of retarded people
2) you're pretty dumb yourself for thinking it has something to do with introversion vs extroversion, as there are numerous very extroverted people who can make coherent arguments that make sense to themselves.
>>
Ridiclous, choosing the right words is a prerequisite of any social situation, sometimes the right words to choose are not the ones the convey some sort of a "rational" opinion but rather more playful word games at times even nonsencial, socilizing is about communitcating and grasping the situation, not a medium to shower your opinions on every one, what you call introvertion is basically a retardation arising from an inability to understand the subtle dynamics of social situations.
>>
>>2837366
This.
>>
>>2837380
The dynamics of socialization isn't lost on me, its there to communicate with others and convey meaning. When the other side doesn't take care in their speech its usually due to lack of strong internal logic mechanic. This is shown through careless use of words in debates/discussions. Passing them off as "just a prank brah" is a defensive mechanic and not legitimate when in discussion/debate mode. It works perfectly fine in casual conversation, this is why I said in casual conversation, extroverts excel quite well as things in social nature usually seem to be quite scripted and have very little variations to themselves. Its when you break from the social conversation and move on to discussion that's not natural, debates, this is where the breakdown seems to show. Their appeal to emotion is one of the most widely used tactics when faced with realization of their lack of coherency.

Maybe there's some internal logic mechanics to extroverts but it seems incredibly underdeveloped.
>>
>>2837340
Completely unrelated. Most people are more introverted with some people than with others.

Just because I internalize a lot doesn't mean that I can get coherent arguments out, I think we all know what it feels like to have a perfectly sound idea in our head and have it come out as a complete disaster when spoken out-loud.
>>
>>2837340
>As an introvert
An introverted 4chan user? What's next, you're a male virgin who lives on the dole?
>>
>>2837444
Context matters.
>>
>>2837442
>Most people are more introverted with some people than others
Maybe, I don't know the metric.

>Just because I internalize a lot doesn't mean that I can get coherent arguments out, I think we all know what it feels like to have a perfectly sound idea in our head and have it come out as a complete disaster when spoken out-loud.
Also accounted for. Introvert's ideas doesn't have to come out sound to the others, it just has to come out sound to himself/herself/zerself/helicopterself. This is where we get quite a lot of introvert nuts/zealots with completely rational/coherent internal consistency, yet not so when speaking with others.

The problem I'm highlighting is of someone with no/very little internal consistency and simply shooting darts to make it seem like it makes sense. This problem is highlighted when you probe their claims and they completely fumble on what they're saying.
>>
>>2837340
This is the most autistic post I've read all week.
>>
>>2837470
it's hard to discuss what others think/do because ultimately we just know how we do it, and we can only speculate on others.

But I would think that it's due to a lot of people being relatively ignorant of most topics. They might find it interesting enough to engage in conversation without really having enough knowledge to actually maintain one.
it's important to remember that although Stacy and Chad might not seem like homo-sapiens at first glance, they are and they probably know shit about stuff you don't.

I know I, for example, will backpedal on stuff I said when having a conversation in person (something that I wouldn't do when talking online for example) because in person you are expected to respond quickly, and to maintain a certain flow in a conversation. You might receive an answer you weren't expecting, and not have time to come up with a proper answer like you would if you were by yourself or talking to someone indirectly. So you can either agree and keep it up, and try to fix the apparent hypocrisy as you go. Or disagree and have to mumble autistically while you get your toughs together to give a proper answer, something that would most likely make you look like an idiot.
>>
>>2837498
>normals think talking slow and being quiet is being stupid

>normals talk like they have a diarrhea in their mouth thinking its cool

Different culture has different norms. In Asia, thought/quiet is seen as something smart where as talking like a genki girl is seen as being a retard.
>>
>>2837370
this
>>
>>2837340

>Do extroverted people have a sound internal mind?

Maybe you just abstract things differently than they do?
>>
>>2837503
It took me 10 minutes or so to write that post. I think it's reasonable to say that waiting for an answer for 10 minutes while having a casual conversation isn't desirable.

At most you'd say that you need to think about it and move on and bring it up later, if you really feel like it's important enough for that.

Even if you are in a real debate, not being able to quickly come up with a counterargument is usually seen as a sign of doubt, and is undesirable to be put in that situation.
>>
Introvert is used by every stuttering beta to justify either his lack of social skills or confidence.

>Why yes, I am an introvert and therefore superior to those extraverts
>>
>>2837512
Not sure what you mean. Explain.
>>
Introverts are a genetic mutation. If you're an introvert, your brain develops to take into account of the world even as a child. So you're always extra careful and stuff because you have the ability of foresight beyond what your peers can see. Introvert child carefully plans his steps and worries what might happen. An extrovert however is a normal child whos brain develop over time through progression. Many of them do develop variance degree of foresight but not quite as deep as introverts.

In a sense, introversion is a branch of humanity that develops higher foresight. Where as extroverts are more closer to primates and other animals who mainly chases around what they see through their eyes. Not dwelling on what they mean or what could happen in the future.
>>
>>2837340
Introverts and extroverts have differently wired brains.

Extroverts are mentally under stimulated

Introverts are mentally overstimulated
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.