[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that religion creates a very toxic society, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Billboard.jpg (668KB, 1485x697px) Image search: [Google]
Billboard.jpg
668KB, 1485x697px
Is it true that religion creates a very toxic society, where every religious child is submitted to emotional and physical abuse since they are young, therefore they develop personality disorders like narcissism, psychopathy and borderline personality disorders? Religious people seem to suffer from disorders caused by extreme abuse and they can't feel empathy even if they try.

Why are rates of sexual, emotional and physical abuse so much higher in deeply religious communities?
>>
You can't just lump in every religion around the world into one category of "religiousness". I could make a pretty compelling case that life under a government is bad if I lumped all governments together and made North Korea their representative. You should be asking this question about a particular religion or denomination.
>>
People who were abused as children tend to be more empathetic methinks desu
>>
>>2829929
>common society has been very religious for thousands of years
>Modern-day "humanists and intellectuals" out out stuff like this

Sad
>>
Misery begets piety, prosperity begets indifference or even resentment of sacrifice.
>>
>>2830165

That doesn't even make sense, try and make you point without cryptic greentext.
>>
>>2830149

Source?
>>
>>2830203
Just going by personal experience. The meanest bullies in life are always the ones who were never put in their place by their parents. Or anyone else. At least it seems.
>>
>>2829929
>every religious child is submitted to emotional and physical abuse

>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>2830149
Then you disagree with just about every study ever done on the subject.
>>
File: go.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
go.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>2830239

Your greentext doesn't represent what OP said or represent an implication of OP's post.

Learn to 4chan, plebbit.
>>
>>2829929
No. That is not true.
>>
>>2830211
>Just going by personal experience

So a worthless personal anecdote.
>>
>>2830268
This. Hurt people hurt people.
>>
>>2830297
OP asked if religion creates a toxic society where every religious child is abused which is the type of question that belongs on ribbit and not the august halls of /his/.
>>
Studies claim religious belief actually raises happiness. Schizophrenia and mania are more common with religious people, but depression or bipolar is less common.
>>
>>2830338
What normies call schizophrenia and mania are actually slurs against religious euphoria and zeal. And of course prayer.
>>
File: 1494780020750.jpg (10KB, 322x313px) Image search: [Google]
1494780020750.jpg
10KB, 322x313px
>I don't believe in God due to personal reasons and must therefore attempt to validate my views on /his/
>I KNOW! Let's make a bait thread without citing any sources and wait for replies.
>Haha, that'll get those filthy theists

Sage this shit, you could easily swap out a few words and turn it on it's head. "Is it true that Atheism creates a very toxic society"
>>
>>2830347
Mania, perhaps.
Shizophrenia is not all benign experiences.
>>
>>2830360
Hellish visions are edifying when they inspire fear of the LORD.
>>
>>2829929
Religion never stops it just changes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.