[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're doing this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Woodrow_Wilson-H&E.jpg (375KB, 2308x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Woodrow_Wilson-H&E.jpg
375KB, 2308x2988px
Everyone here fucking hates Woodrow Wilson. Is it a loud minority or do you guys actually think hes the anti-christ?

https://strawpoll.me/6069259

If you don't like him, detail your arguments down below. The foreign and domestic Woodrow have always been a weird dichotomy, so the more specific in your criticisms the better
>>
>>282318
>prevented Germany being torn into pieces

An absolute disgusting excuse for a human being
>>
>>282318

He's hated because the hardcore libertarian right-wingers like to ignore the progressive economic reform of presidents like Teddy, Wilson and FDR. When you take that away from Wilson there's not really much good left so naturally they view him as the most evil man ever.
>>
People here take Mencius Moldbug seriously.

>muh Carlyle
>muh Cathedral
>US4
>I voted for Obama but hate democracy
>>
He fucked Europe up by intervening in World War I.
>>
>>282318
hard to say. I think his greatest failure was halfassing the post-war settlement. I've heard a lot of the reason the versailles treaty wasn't ratified in congress was that his egotism alienated a lot of senators. He did try to rally public opinion when it failed in the legislature, but then he got sick and died, which I guess is just really bad luck...cause europe got fucked over having to deal with the contradiction that was versailles
>>
>>282391

Sorry the Allies crushed your epic Germanium, dude.
>>
Started American Internationalism. Forever tying us up in other nation's shit.

Federal Reserve.

Income tax and the IRS, Constitutional Amendment.

Got us involved in WW1 to make sure the Triple Entente won and paid debts to the USA.

League of Nations

Didn't pressure England and France hard enough in the aftermath of ww1.
>>
>>282402
George, Alexander L., and Juliette L. George. Woodrow Wilson and Colonel House: A Personality Study. New York: J. Day, 1956.
>Perhaps the most lauded psychoanalytical interpretation of a presidency, this volume views the failure of the US Senate to accept the League of Nations and other of Wilson’s defeats through the lens of Wilson’s character and association with the House.

George, Alexander L., and Juliette L. George. Presidential Personality and Performance. Boulder, CO: Westview, 1998.
>The authors offer a masterly critique of Barber 2009’s argument about the importance of presidential character and discuss the psychoanalysis of presidents, including their own work on Woodrow.

Tucker, Robert C. “The Georges’ Wilson Reexamined: An Essay on Psychobiography.” American Political Science Review 71.2 (1977): 606–618.
>The author offers an alternative psychological explanation for Woodrow Wilson’s behavior to that offered in George and George 1956. More broadly, the author raises questions about psychobiography. Available online for purchase or by subscription.
>>
>>282429
anyone read these by any chance?
>>
>>282330
No you faggot piece of shit.
>>282423
THIS is why Wilson is hated.
He took the American republic and destroyed the last threads of its basic principles in one fell swoop.
Of course, but it all started with that wretched French Revolution
>>
>Must spread freedums and democracy

Great, he unleashed a bunch of shitcan irrelevant countries on the world.
>>
File: snipsnip.jpg (562KB, 939x1190px) Image search: [Google]
snipsnip.jpg
562KB, 939x1190px
>>282470
>Of course, but it all started with that wretched French Revolution

Stay mad, dickweed.
>>
File: 1382820416325.jpg (92KB, 464x787px) Image search: [Google]
1382820416325.jpg
92KB, 464x787px
>>282490
>destroy ever intermediate organism in society
>go on to murder thousands of people
Yeah, great...
>>
File: 1447910802614.png (144KB, 946x472px) Image search: [Google]
1447910802614.png
144KB, 946x472px
>>282501
>Show monarchy for the shitshow it is.
>Kill any motherfucker who gets in the way.
>Basically ideologically conquered the world.

Dork enlightenment fags can eat shit to be honest, the revolution is here to stay.
>>
>>282423
This tbqh. Also what's funny is that leftists are beginning to hate him too, because he didn't like black people or something irrelevant. Oh and the Palmer raids.
>>
>>282423
>Started American Internationalism. Forever tying us up in other nation's shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster_%28military%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_C._Perry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish%E2%80%93American_War

>Federal Reserve.
>Income tax and the IRS, Constitutional Amendment.

Muh taxation is theft

>Got us involved in WW1 to make sure the Triple Entente won and paid debts to the USA.
>League of Nations
>Didn't pressure England and France hard enough in the aftermath of ww1.

Muh Grossgeraniums
>>
File: 1444795470933.png (33KB, 564x461px) Image search: [Google]
1444795470933.png
33KB, 564x461px
>>282501
>>
File: 142029257058.jpg (40KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
142029257058.jpg
40KB, 604x453px
>>283794
lel mainting a royal house to sell trash to tourists is considered relevant when it comes to national politics
what's next? blair asking for the queen blessing before invading iraq?
>>
>>282576
>be gigantic faggot
>still defend robspoophead
>support the destruction of traditional, effective society
>>
>>282327
>Not chilling in the colonies and letting Europe go to the dogs.

Woodrow "trashman" Wilson
>>
File: woodrow-wilson.jpg (74KB, 656x900px) Image search: [Google]
woodrow-wilson.jpg
74KB, 656x900px
He was a goddamn hero

To this day we have squares and streets named after him

Our nation owes him a lot
>>
Precursor to Obama
>>
He was an ardent segregationist and racist, ironic for someone who was a progressive Democrat.
>>
>>284806
>ironic for a progressive Democrat
At least he was honest at times, white liberals and "progressives" are the most racist people of the times.
>>
>>284806
>>284839
This came as a shock to me when I found out recently, but you're both true. Wilson was the first Southern president since the Civil War, and he was a focal point for the ongoing trend from the late 1800s-1920s or so of 'reconciliation' of Northern Americans with the South. You'd get stuff like Wilson showing Birth of a Nation in the White House, and it was a popular film when it came out too despite (correct) calls of it being racist. There was a lot of northeners basically acting like 'Yeah black people are terrible, sorry about the Civil War, Southbro.'

Odd times.
>>
>>282318
OP. Back after a nights sleep. Current Poll Results so far:
Good President vs Bad President: 27 to 26
Good Man vs Bad Man: 24 to 29
10 said they didn't know
>>
>income tax
>world war I
Fuck wilson in his dead ass
>>
>>285120
>made America a superpower
You benefit from this even today
>>
>>282318
The Left hates him now because he was quite possibly the most racist man to hold the office of President of the United States.

The Right hates him because of his progressive policies and things like the Federal Reserve. And because he did not take a single Republican with him while negotiating the Treaty of Paris, thus basically saying "fuck you!" to the party in charge at the time.

Europeans hate him because he exemplified the American who gets into European problems thinking he has all of the answers. Clemenceau's comments on him are pretty hilarious.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
th-thanks Willy
>>
File: cache_937219063.jpg (17KB, 426x213px) Image search: [Google]
cache_937219063.jpg
17KB, 426x213px
j-jefferson wouldn't have l-liked this you know...
>>
>>284002

If traditional society was so effective, then why did it get destroyed so easily?
>>
>>285160

The first part of that quote is tacked on, but you'll keep posting this anyway.
>>
Wilson introduced 14 points to the world. Gawd only needed 10.
>>
He made sure that Versailles was too weak, it crippled German's pride, but nor their ability to fight.
And a few years latter WW2 started because of it.
>>
>>282318
>>284806
>>284839
>>284866
>>285135
speak of the devil rofl

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/23/nyregion/at-princeton-addressing-a-racist-legacy-and-seeking-to-remove-woodrow-wilsons-name.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=image&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
>>
>>284154
$19 trillion debt and a country ruled by banks. Thanks Wilson!
>>
https://mises.org/library/woodrow-wilsons-second-personality

this article points out a lot of criticisms of Woodrow Wilson
>>
>>286786
literally go here

ama about student response

this was the response petition college republicans made https://www.change.org/p/protect-plurality-historical-perspective-and-academic-speech-at-princeton

i hate wilson too, but they hate him for the wrong reason
>muh racism
instead of
>muh imperialism
and
>muh great imperial germany
(positions I support)
so i cant support them
>>
>>287008
by they I mean the BJL (Black Justice League) activists

also no one really supports them here (as obvious by the petition with 1k+ signatures in a school of 5k)
>>
>>287014
yeah the article implies that people think they're going too far. then again, i would personally want wilson's name removed from the international relations school cause he did a terrible job at Versailles after the war. He's not a model for international relations to aspire too at all except for "muh idealism"
>>
>>282318
woodrow wilson would definitely be in my top 5 presidents desu famiglia
>>
>>287032
Yeah unfortunately Princeton is a liberal institution that loves liberal ideas like institutionalism and democratic peace.

In fact the big names of institutionalism are at Princeton right now (like Keohane).

However, I think he's the most appropriate Princeton person to go there so I would have a problem with them changing the name. Like in a "his policies don't have to be the model, but his position is a very good model" kind of way
>>
>>287032
but also I just read the article and you're right, it is pretty good reporting that captures the feelings on campus. I'd just been shying away from reading it before because it was embarrassing we made the news like this.
>>
>>282423
>Started American Internationalism. Forever tying us up in other nation's shit.
This is his worst sin. America would be better off relying on soft power and focusing its efforts on itself
>>
>>283787
The USA was already a relevant world power and industrial power.

We didn't need to have Central Banking and Income Taxes.
>>
>>287073
yeah theres arguments on both side to be made. he was the first american leader to actually have a role on the international stage, moreso than mckinley and roosevelt. i was honestly exaggerating and i have more positive feelings for wilson than i do negative ones.
>>
>>287157
yeah, I'm personally unsure of my personal opinion of him desu but I don't think we should start trying to wash him out of our history since we can all agree he clearly was pretty fucking influential. You're definitely right about him being the beginning of a lot for us.
>>
>>282318
>Destroyed more than 100 years of American diplomatic tradition
>Did the US join the WWI
>Spread throughout the world the idea of "one state for each nation", resulting not only in destruction of the multinational empires, but genocide and large-scale population removals
>Envisioned the League of Nations and paved the way for a future world government
>Created the IRS, a plague now copied worldwide
>Federal Reserve

How can anyone not hate him? I do not even'm American, but I hate this despicable being.
>>
Because Germany would have been fuckin EPIC if they won. Just look at how fucking cool they're outfits and architecture were, not too mention they were redpilled and anti-degenerate. But Woodrow was an saw degenerate controlled by Jews who ruined everything.
>>
Wilson is really where things begin to go seriously wrong for the United States
>>
>>283787

progressive income tax is disproportionate and unconstitutional
>>
>>285667

there are always more slaves than nobles
>>
>>287692
>muh numerical symmetry will solve everything!
>muh constitution will magically resolve all americas problems! why aren't you listening!
>t.
>ron paul
>>
The Fed and income tax ALL in the same year? Yeah, he's shit.
>>
He was a well-intentioned idealistic academic whose theories and plans played out horribly when applied to real life. While most of the things he did wrong turned out to be wrong only in retrospect, he still deserves the blame. Him and Clemenceau doomed the world to a second World War with his absolute butchering of the European map, and just killed with one fell swoop 100+ years of American neutrality. It's a good thing congress told him to go fuck himself on so many issues, otherwise the US would have been involved in League of Nations/UN garbage even earlier than it was. He also thought very lowly of the Constitution and wanted America to have a British-style parliamentary system. Overall he was just fucking horrible in every way.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.