[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Italy ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bunga-bungasconi.jpg (34KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
bunga-bungasconi.jpg
34KB, 500x283px
From Indolence and Regeneration: Tropes and Tensions of Risorgimento Patriotism

By the early nineteenth century, these gendered images and metaphors, strengthened as they were by a more than century long process of demilitarization of Italian society,51 profoundly informed all sorts of discourses about the Italians. In French-occupied Italy, the letters of the agents of Napoleon in the peninsula warned that Italians could not be trusted because they had acquired "the same character, the same habits of women, the subjected sex" while at the same time harboring at in their heart some strong male passions - a dangerous combination if seen from the standpoint of an occupying force.52 And in one of the most influential texts of early romanticism, Corinne, or Italy (1807), that fierce oponent of Napoleon, Madame de Stael, while personifying the plight of Italy in the tragic destiny of the eponymous heroine, painted the Italians as an effeminate and indolent people: "In Italy, the men are worth much less than the women, for they have women's faults as well as their own"53 declares the male protatgonist, the Englishman Lord Nelvil. The half-Italian Corinne, while defending her compatriots, states that "Italians are as indolent as orientals in their daily lives.... Life is nothing more than a dream-filed sleep under a beautiful sky."54
>>
>>2821672
being an Italian American I can kinda attest to this , my family is extremely emotional and when you see Italians and jews mix in Jersey its a joke

moving away from stoicism was a bad idea , but all of the west has done the same
>>
File: 91688318.jpg (27KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
91688318.jpg
27KB, 472x461px
>tfw come from a family of pureblood Sicilians
>tfw still have a little bit of the manly spirit
>>
>>2821672
Its all relative, when the first Italian migrants came to America they dominated the underworld during prohibition

and we all know that prohibition was caused by women and cucks in the democratic party
>>
>>2821722
is the "sicilians are part nigger" meme a myth?
>>
>>2821807
Better be a nigger than a bitch.
>>
>>2821807
Islam had a foothold for a while but no blacks
>>
>>2821816
I'd rather be a bitch with proper syntax than a nigger sicilian who leaves out prepositions
>>
>>2821746
Of course, the underworld, of deception and guile
Suitable for a womanized people with a few male virtues left
>>
>>2822080
>subservient slave mentality = Male virtue
man up and respect the law
>>
>>2822104
Conversely my friend, if is the Italians to which you should direct your criticism, for they contain enough male virtue to fight in petty feuds, without the male virtue to be honorable and respectable republican citizens like their northern neighbors in France
>>
>>2822109
I'm assuming your talking about Napoleonic times since the French are a joke today

The French united together not because of virtue but because of fear, fear from the revolutionaries executing everyone and fear from all of Europe bearing down on their new republic

The average Frenchman before napoleon was a joke, the French were well known for going down on women and their nobility were poofters
>>
>>2822130
t. hans or luigi
>>
>>2821807
The majority of Sicilian gene pool is Greek and Italic(Roman). Then there are some Germanic and Middle Eastern contributions but they're overall rather small. Worth mentioning that there are some Albanian enclaves, but they didn't really mix in the population.

t. Sicilian
>>
File: WE WUZ NAVY SEALS N SHIEET.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ NAVY SEALS N SHIEET.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>2823456
>The majority of Sicilian gene pool is Greek and Italic(Roman)
WE
>>
>>2821672
Berlusconi did nothing wrong.
>>
>>2823463
>truth is we wuz
Kys Tyrone
>>
>>2821860
>who leaves out prepositions
i'm not even him but fuck off you fucking imbecile
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.