[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NAPOLEON 2002

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: napoleon-2002.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon-2002.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
so how inaccurate was this mini-series to Napoleon's actual life?
>>
>Napoleon isn't a cute femboy
Not much apparently
>>
>>2816743
his femboy days ended after 1800
>>
It barely scratched the surface. The 2002 mini-series was disappointing as fuck. There needs to be SERIOUS budget, a talented cast, AND production that can bring the Napoleonic era to life.
>>
File: 01234.jpg (325KB, 950x674px) Image search: [Google]
01234.jpg
325KB, 950x674px
>>2816772
we could have gotten something close to what you described with kubrick. I guess americans don't have a taste for the time period.
>>
>>2816796
Fuck Kubrick. Dude's overrated as fuck and I say this as someone who defends the shit out of Paths of Glory and Barry Lyndon. I seriously doubt even that autist could properly depict Napoleon and the times he lived in.

Speaking as a proud American, I fucking adore the Napoleonic Wars. The fucking uniforms, the insane amount of coalitions waged against France, the badassry of the Royal Navy's exploits (especially Thomas Cochrane), and how Revolution was exported throughout the continent and the Reactionary/Royalist counterattacks.

I fell in love with this epoch ever since I saw The Duellists when I was a kid. Right then and there, I realized the French weren't up to par in both World Wars because they lost too many ballsy dudes in over 23 years of warfare. The following generations just couldn't match their predecessors who died and were unable to procreate as much as they should have.
>>
File: 6ft vs 5'6.jpg (3MB, 1585x2177px) Image search: [Google]
6ft vs 5'6.jpg
3MB, 1585x2177px
>>2816716
it's only napoleonic in that the title is called 'Napoleon'
>>2816772
i want this very badly, i personally loved a short doc/film the BBC made on Napoleon during the siege of Toulon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8xB6vpffw
otherwise i really wish his campaigns post-1800 especially the russian one would get attention from hollywood
>>2816828
>The fucking uniforms, the insane amount of coalitions waged against France, the badassry of the Royal Navy's exploits (especially Thomas Cochrane), and how Revolution was exported throughout the continent and the Reactionary/Royalist counterattacks.
same desu, i love that era so much i sometimes read the military manuals the soldiers were trained with and fun facts online

wish i could reenact...
>>
>>2816828
>>2816861
have any of you read the memoirs of jean roche coignet? it's the first memoir of the wars i bought and i plan to buy more. fascinating stuff to read real firsthand accounts from this era of warfare.
>>
>>2816716
Well i used it as a source for a term paper on Napoleon in college desu circa 2003
>>
File: 1494216066011.jpg (6KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
1494216066011.jpg
6KB, 236x285px
>tfw napoleon was the goodguy
>tfw eternal anglos ruin everything
>again
>>
File: image003.jpg (559KB, 1986x2457px) Image search: [Google]
image003.jpg
559KB, 1986x2457px
>>2816889
no but thx srsly
gonna look it up
>>2816990
iktf
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.