[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should he have done differently, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1488990122342.jpg (14KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
1488990122342.jpg
14KB, 220x305px
What should he have done differently, /his/?
>>
Not come to power.
>>
>>2816081
Everything.
>>
>>2816081

1. Send family to the US just to be on the safe side.

2. ??????

3. Stop Bolsheviks from taking over, then step down and turn Russia into a constitutional republic.
>>
>>2816081
He shouldn't have become commander in chief
He should have put more men with stolypin and made sure to keep him around
He shouldn't have reissued the fundamental laws of the Duma
The first Duma should have had a weighted vote but not 1 landlord = 1k peasants
Kulaks should have been promoted to actually exist wholesale
Ask France to prepare for war
Tell Wilhelm every step of the way what he was doing and why
Used aristocracy ties to present Russians as merely bringing the Germans decadent cousins into line
Also tell Wilhelm with this war, if he didn't intervene, Germany and Austria would unite like he wished
>>
>>2816095
>I don't know what the prov gov is
>>
>>2816097
That's actually pretty good
>>
>>2816097
This, but you forgot one thing:

Don't make the mistakes of underestimating Japan AND pissing of Britain at the same time. This made it so the Russians couldn't move their European fleet(s) through the Suez to fight Japan.
>>
>>2816103

You're right, I don't.
>>
>>2816113
Thanks, some of us nickyboos can think beyond our dicks
>>2816130
>the pro Japanese British will let the Russians through just after the great game finished
Eh I say keep 1905 revolution to stop violent revolution later
>>
>>2816139
Prov gov is the goverment between February 1917 and October 1917
Between tsarist and Bolshevik coalition Russia
It's their fuck uos that make bolsheviks popular and not an edgy group
>>
Reform the post-serfdom system to not have peasants de facto serfs even if they're not formally ones anymore. Serfdom basically continued in Russia for much of the population until 1917

Allow for restraints on his power

Allow for a free and open Duma

Place educated advisers like Stolypin and Witte as the chief policy-makers of the country, not himself

Grant industrial workers rights measures

Roll back censorship

Reform the army to focus on merit over nepotism

Force the church into helping peasants as opposed to hoarding wealth

Grant finland style-quasi autonomy to hotbed regions like the Baltics, Poland, West Ukraine, etc..

Stop persecuting minorities, this only encourages them to join revolutionary groups

Not be commander-in-chief, listen to the generals

Reign in your crazy wife

If he had done all of the above, the Russian monarchy would have continued like the English or Swedish monarchies have.
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (164KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
164KB, 736x551px
>>2816081
Russia was still essentially feudal under him, he should have moved into the style of constitutional monarchy that places like Japan and other European countries had and towards a more traditional capitalist system and classed society instead of his feudal one which pretty much persisted until his death.
>>
>>2816199
god this post is fucking reddit
go to Kazakhstan or Mongolia and observe the peasants there, then tell me they deserve rights
>>
>>2816199
Read >>2816097
You abolish tsarism and have British monarchy, I preserve tsarism and make it work for a new generation
>>
>>2816230
>essentially feudal
>not knowing the difference between agrarian and feudal economy
>not knowing how great 1913 was for Russia
>>
Everyone who talks about to take down the monarchy is a liberal retard and his opinion is shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.