[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn about pre-Revolution French history, what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: France countryside.jpg (109KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
France countryside.jpg
109KB, 736x552px
I want to learn about pre-Revolution French history, what are some good books and documentaries?
>>
>>2816061
i dont mean to sound like an asshole but honestly there is an absolute fuckton of info out there about the time you're describing.
Are you thinking more specifically about the state of the french monarchy in the century or two leading up to the revolution? Back when they were called the Gauls? Medieval France? The Carolingians?
theres just so much that i ant imagine you would have trouble finding a good book about it.
>>
interesting
>>
>>2816061
Why is everyone obsessed with France on here?
>>
The Historians' History of the World has a book on France from 843 to 1715
>>
>>2817710
They're beta nu-male cucks and probably leftists, why else would anyone be obsessed with a "nation" famous for its countless surrenders throughout history. Faggots.
>>
>>2817773
Tbqh I think you're half right about that, alot of leftists ive known love france especially revolutionary france
>>
>>2817826
It's bait dumbfuck
>>
File: IMG_0311.jpg (33KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0311.jpg
33KB, 600x484px
>>2817841
Fugg
>>
>>2816061
"The Middle Ages: Everyday Life in Medieval Europe" by Jefferey L. Singman, talks a little bit about the differences between feudalism in Britain vs the 'continental' system (aka Franco-German system). Also, there's a little bit of material about money minting in France. If you want to look at Cluny or Paris specifically, there's a wealth of material.

"Reformation Europe" by Ulinka Rublack unsurprisingly talks some about the reformation in France.

"Empire of Cotton" by Sven Beckert looks at the history of cotton, and there's a surprisingly large amount of content pertaining to France in the book.
>>
>>2817773
why is /his/ so fucking shit?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.