[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, Im making a presentation about the issues with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: iss022e080014.jpg (1MB, 4288x2929px) Image search: [Google]
iss022e080014.jpg
1MB, 4288x2929px
Alright guys, Im making a presentation about the issues with space travel and it has some historical themes, but i can't think of a good title. Drop some ideas boys
>The Beginning of the Final Frontier is all i have so far
>>
>not calling it Houston, We Have A Problem
>>
>>2816030
damn ill add that to the list
>>
>>2816016
>The Beginning of the Final Frontier is all i have so far
Weird title.
>>
>>2816030
>>2816689
Something more creative is needed.
>>
>>2816746
any suggestion?
>>
File: orionresearch.jpg (29KB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
orionresearch.jpg
29KB, 400x231px
>>2816827
The Superlative Frontier

Go over themes like:
>Space is the single most dangerous environment in which mankind has ever lived
>Space travel is one of the most expensive, technically intense endeavors in human history
>the promise of the frontier is the greatest in human experience

The last one's key. The conquistadors could only dream of the amounts of platinum group metals in a single near Earth Trojan orbit asteroid.

The oil wildcatters of the American West could scarcely comprehend the energy available from sources like space-based solar power.

The steam ship builders of old would marvel at the energies required for spaceflight.

That kind of thing.
>>
File: Dr. Goddard and Herr Von Braun.jpg (268KB, 1184x668px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Goddard and Herr Von Braun.jpg
268KB, 1184x668px
Call it -

Journey's End

Because humanity will never get its shit together enough to venture beyond low Earth orbit ever again, and will die a horrible death on the planet as a result of greed, corruption, and invasion from the plague of overpopulated and under-educated third world shitholes.
>>
>>2816016
Why not simply "The final frontier"?
>>
>>2817019
too plain and boring
>>
>>2817585
Nigga, just use this
>>2816855
or a variation of it.

Mankind's always expanded for land, resources, and knowledge. It's just that this time the expansion process is more expensive, difficult, and involves far greater distances. The upshot is that it entails far greater rewards.

There isn't a good historical parallel because the expeditions of old had air, edible food, potable water, etc. waiting for them in their destinations. We don't when it comes to spaceflight.
>>
>>2817002
>will die a horrible death on the planet
As opposed to a horrible death in the vacuum of space, or a horrible death on some other inferior planet.
>>
>>2816016
Manifest Destiny 2: Galactic Boogaloo
>>
>>2816016
Space, the final meme
>>
>>2819599
Kek
>>
shameless selfbump
>>
>>2817002

Correct.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.