[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was Marco Polo able to befriend the Kublai Khan so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: lal337052.jpg (60KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
lal337052.jpg
60KB, 600x299px
How was Marco Polo able to befriend the Kublai Khan so much?
>>
>>281394
Well for one, Marco Polo never met Kublai Khan so he could bullshit about anything he wants to.
>>
Nestorian Christians

There were some.

>>281396
Also this is more likely.
>>
>>281396
>Marco Polo never met Kublai Khan
Prove it.
>>
>>281394
We don't know. We don't know what is true and what is false about his tale, to begin with.

>>281418
Shouldn't Marco, or whoever wants to defend him, prove he met Kublai?
>>
>>281445
>Shouldn't Marco, or whoever wants to defend him, prove he met Kublai?

The book has been proved as authentic given how it shows knowledge of China no other European could have, therefore his interactions with Kublai and the subsequent deeds are performed for him are believable given how they are the core of the book itself.
>>
>>281470
>travelling to China is the same as meeting Kublai Khan in person

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>281474
>travelling to China as a barbarian and do all the stuff Marco did without the permission of the Khan himself
>letting a barbarian roam around China without the authorities judging if his character is fit for such privilege or not

C'mon we're talking about ancient China not present-day Europe.
>>
>>281474
Is it that odd that an occidental foreigner wouldn't be taken directly to the Khan because of his strangeness?
If a Japanese samurai arrived in Paris, you bet your ass he'd be taken to the King the first chance they got
>>
>>281496
>>281493
Ahem.

The Mongols were fucking foreign barbarians to China. They also hired alot of Persian and Turkic advisers. Who were also foreign barbarians.
>>
>>281503
That's like muslims were fucking foreign barbarians to Spain and that gets all the muslims here extremely butthurt.
>>
>>281503
lel the filthy barbarians cant into politique liek my glorious imperial china
>>
>>281514
>and that gets all the muslims here extremely butthurt

So? Muslim opinions are irrelevant
>>
>>281503
Barbarian among asians is a term reserved for westerners though.
>>
What the fuck? Marco Polo met Kublai. Go back to /pol/, you schizophrenic revisionists.
>>
>>282037
Believing that Kublai would give a shit about some random merchant because he's white is pretty /pol/ if you ask me.

So no. You fucking go back to /pol/ you white supremacist little shit.
>>
>>282053
Shut up, stop revisioning history, it's triggering me. Also I'm half black, you're offending my black half.
>>
>>281470
>The book has been proved as authentic given how it shows knowledge of China no other European could have,
Strangely, it does not include things like "Chinese place names."
>>
>>282037
>>282053
>this is related to /pol/
someones trolling here and I can't tell who
>>
>>282060
Since you're only half black, you can only be half offended. Are you half white? If so, then you're half racist too.
>>
Kublai recognized Marco's inherent superiority. The Khan nearly shit his pants when he saw the might of a white European alpha male enter his court. Kublai recognized that Marco possessed a penis of a greater magnitude than the wall that the limp dick Chinese men built in the north, and thus realized he could do nothing to hold back the pure essence of masculinity which stood in his presence. Being a beta male and a sly Asian, he decided to attempt to befriend the superior being, knowing that he could never surpass him, he thought that perhaps being on the good side of this ethereal demi-god would keep him from being ridiculed and his wife would remain un-keked. Being the mature, humble, and wise man that he was, Marco did not seek to impregnate Kublai's wife with his superior seed, although he could have with ease
>>
Chinese people still have the practice of having pet white people.

There's this thing where in China, if you're a fairy attractive white male with a college degree, you can get a job where you basically just sit in on meetings and don't say anything. You're not expected to say anything because you're not Chinese and probably don't speak Chinese well.

But it reflects well on your employer as a power play because it shows they look like an international company that can afford to hire foreign expertise and foreigners instead of just domestics.
>>
>>282037
>giant birds that picked up elephants, dropped them from a great height, and then devoured their corpses

Marco Polo was totally telling the truth, you guys.
>>
>>281523
>Barbarian among asians is a term reserved for westerners though.
Barbarians for the Chinese is reserved for everyone not in China. Steppe Nomads in particular. As for the rest of East Asia, Barbarian is anyone who is not 1) Chinese 2) Themselves.

It doesnt help that Mongols never fully integrated themselves into Chinese rule. Hence Japan's reply of beheading Mongol ambassadors when they asked for tribute, Kamakura Japan not recognizing Mongs as Chinese Emperors.
>>
>>282096
>"Chinese place names."
Nigga ain't nobody going to be able to pronounce that shit.
>>
>>282363

k3k
>>
>>281470
The book is widely regarded as an interesting travel book and not an authoritative account of Marco Polo's travels in Asia.
>>
>>282372

holy shit I need this job

I am the perfect candidate for this.
>>
File: 1414452784539.jpg (22KB, 231x363px) Image search: [Google]
1414452784539.jpg
22KB, 231x363px
>>282439
>>
>>282393
Marco Polo had a ghost writer whose intention was to produce a book that SOLD in medieval times not a book that appealed to the autistic sensibilities of some 21st century faggot.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.