[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize the means justify the end Any end obtained

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 8816609.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px)
8816609.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>yfw you realize the means justify the end
Any end obtained by morally wrong actions is wrong itself.
>>
but that's wrong
>>
File: 704machiavelli.jpg (15KB, 300x389px)
704machiavelli.jpg
15KB, 300x389px
Won't get anywhere with that attitude
>>
>sweeping generalizations accompanied by anime pictures
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>2812442
I believe you when it comes to half of world events in this life.

There are certain places where that's wrong though.

Example:

You need to kill 143 POW's to keep an army well fed as supply lines are currently broken. If they aren't fed, they'll likely lose the coming battle that will decide the fate of all of the non-combatants in multiple villages. Everyone in the villages and surrounding plots of land will be raped and murdered, and the death toll could easily be 300+

It's morally proper to murder the defenseless POW's in this case so as to prevent further suffering.

To say the "Ends justify the means" or "The means justify the ends" is asinine. It's idiotic to try and apply a linear to train of thought to any complicated situation.
>>
>>2812442
wrong, try again
>>
>>2812524
This
Don't adopt too broad of a philosophy, because it can fuck you over in the long run.
More specific guidelines for certain situations is perfectly sensible, but you really just need to work things out on a case-by-case basis.
>>
File: 1475725224575.gif (2MB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
1475725224575.gif
2MB, 600x408px
>>2812442
>the victor doesn't get to set the narrative thus becoming the good guy no matter what
>>
Hope you don't go into public with this shit. The morality of an action is determined by its motives, not its consequences. Moral ambiguity is acceptable should the higher aim be served, but not otherwise.
>>
>>2812442
Is that image from Code Geass? Man why can't I find another anime like Code Geass? Everything else is garbage with the exception of FMA.
>>
>>2812761
I don't think I've ever seen another anime with so many incoherences in its first two episodes unfortunatly.

Try Hyouge Mono and Legend of Galactic Hero those are pretty /his/ and actually well written.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.