[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art and Architecture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: Bauhaus.jpg (207KB, 560x424px) Image search: [Google]
Bauhaus.jpg
207KB, 560x424px
What era/movement led to the best art or aesthetic?
>>
>>2812181
Romanticism if you ask me.
>>
>>2812181
Dunno, man. I'm curious about primitive huts.
>>
>>2812181
Definitely not Bauhaus
Mies is based, but aside from him, everything about it is shit
>>
>>
>>2812181
Interwar Europe
>>
>>2812181
early USSR
>>
Art Deco and Neo-classicism are both great imo.

That said, they have lost any historical grounding because of post-modernity.
>>
>>2812181
The movements from 1800 to early 1930 did a lot of ground breaking art.
Brutalism, excuses of "critical art" have delayed many things sacrificing time for useless and wasteful buildings and paintings.
Not all buildings but most of them sre a waste of resources that could be used for other more aesthetically pleasing things
>>
File: Case_danzanti.jpg (2MB, 1199x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Case_danzanti.jpg
2MB, 1199x1501px
>>2812181
Deco and Nouveau (pic unrelated)

>>2813619
It was actually high-modernism (e.g. the international style, brutalism, etc.) that tried to replace deco and classicism completely.

Post-modernism is trying to bring them back in a way. The idea is that there is a historical discontinuity that arose from high-modernism, since it broke sharply with the past i.e. it was modernism not post-modernism that caused them to lose their historical grounding.

Post-modernism seeks to re-engage with this past but because of the aforementioned discontinuity it has to bridge the gap through ironic dialogue with the past. (pic related)
>>
>>2812231
based nuveau art
>>
>>2813658
I see.

Brutalism is very annoying to me tbqh. It feels like it tries to be ironic, and it just ends up feeling nihilistic.
>>
File: charles-jencks-diagrama.jpg (239KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
charles-jencks-diagrama.jpg
239KB, 1200x630px
important for the topic
>>
>>2813673
For me too, I like the organic architecture
Seems super comfy and pleasant to the eye from the outside
>>
>>2813675
This is pretty sweet thanks
>>2812208
But without Bauhaus we wouldn't have De Stijl. I agree though, I think Mies is the most influential architect of the 20th century
>>
>>2813656
>>2813673
>Brutalism can't be aesthetic and beautiful?
that's not what the inventor thought
>>
>>2814815
This. Brutalism and Modernism, when properly executed, are some of the best examples of jaw-dropping monumentalism, pure, solemn spaces and playful interaction with light and nature. It blows post-modern thrash straight out of the water. Its materials are noble; be it unadulterated concrete or the most exquisite of marbles. It can be powerful but modest, luxurious but humble. But most often it is simply great. And it holds its virtue high for all to see: the values it promotes are clear, evident, incontestable.
>>
File: fiat building asmara.jpg (195KB, 1225x735px) Image search: [Google]
fiat building asmara.jpg
195KB, 1225x735px
Futurism is great.
>>
>>2812208
They were influential in typography, graphic, photography and general composition. Though, they are a little bit overrated in architecture and design deparments imo.
>>
File: s5y68g.jpg (653KB, 1050x1052px) Image search: [Google]
s5y68g.jpg
653KB, 1050x1052px
Which Style had the best drawings?
>t. Futurism
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.