[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion on this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87KB, 390x513px) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87KB, 390x513px
What is your honest opinion on this man?
>>
He's a villain, but I root for him anyway
>>
>>2811972
explain
>>
Political and military genius, plus the luckiest man alive. A populist demagogue who connived to gain absolute power, yet in his politics he genuinely sought to fix the problems which have been plaguing the Republic since the Gracchi.
>>
People used a part of his name as a title for centuries. Enough said.
>>
A tyrant.
>>
>>2813863
t. optimas
>>
>>2811966
Pompey was a better general, Cicero was a better orator, Crassus was a better politician and Cato was a better man but he beat the four of them all the same.
>>
HE
WAS
A
CONSUL
OF
ROME
>>
>>2811966

Chad
>>
>>2813844
>the luckiest man alive
Boy, have I got news for you...
>>
File: Chad.png (149KB, 471x599px) Image search: [Google]
Chad.png
149KB, 471x599px
He was a good friend
>>
>>2813963
mfw ptolemy shows me the head of my frenemy
>>
>>2813923
>pompey was a better general
no
>>
Caesar was really a very clever fellow, and the Gauls were of course a bunch of fools.
>>
My nigga
>>
File: cropped-url.jpg (349KB, 1015x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-url.jpg
349KB, 1015x1200px
Is it wrong to compare him to Napoleon?
>>
File: 1476377508035-vg.gif (973KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1476377508035-vg.gif
973KB, 300x196px
>>2813923
>pompey was a better general
>>
>>2813923
because it was just a savvy political move to alienate yourself from the senate, fail to take credit for your own victory over spartacus, tarnish what remains of your alliances in Rome, take everything east, decline Armenian support, take his army into the desert and get thousands of them killed along with himself and his son.

Such a savvy politician he was.
>>
>>2811966
A flawed man, but a man I'd like to think I would follow until I (or he) died.
>>
>>2815619
> Pompey
> Defeats Mithridates, BTFOs pirates, puts down rebellions
>Caesar
> kills a bunch of unwashed barbarians
>>
>>2815907
>BTFO Pompey and the rest of the Senate.
>BTFO Egyptians
Mmmm uh sweetie try again
>>
>>2815907
>still loses against caesar despite having every conceivable advantage in pitched battle

Also dispense with this meme that the Gauls were German-tier barbarian snowniggers.
>>
>>2815968
this

>hundreds of years of cowering in fear from the big mean gauls up north always fearing their advance when Rome moved armies elsewhere
>suddenly in less than a decade one man goes from crushing debt to master of all of gaul, with unprecedented invasions into Britain and Germany
>t-they were just sm-smelly barbars! it wasn't even a big deal!

nobody could do it for 500 years but suddenly it's no biggie
>>
>>2815907
>a war that was all but won for him
>fucking pirates
>a slave revolt

Magnus, more like fagnus
>>
>>2813863
t. Marcus Junius Brutus
>>
>>2815503
Yes, obviously. You can compare Napoleon to him, but not the other way around, that's not how historical comparisons work.
>>
>>2813923
Caesar was just the least assholish
>>
>>2811966
Absolute bloodthirsty, power-hungry maniac... but he literally signle-handedly shaped the history of Europe (and thereby the rest of the world) because of one tactical decision he made during one of his campaigns.

Julius Caesar is a cunt, but he's also the proof that history is shaped by cunts and double-faced sons of bitches, not nice guys and just rulers.
>>
>>2813963
HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME
>>
>>2813844

>the luckiest man alive

what do you know, anon?
>>
>>2811966
Murderer who killed a bunch of Gauls, political retard who gave the Republic its death-blow and brought in the inherently flawed Empire, an inferior and inherently unstable political organization. A great leader would have reformed the Republic. Caesar was a failure.
>>
>>2817139

Murder?

it was merely pest control
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.