[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't follow you passion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: capitalismgreatachivment.jpg (111KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
capitalismgreatachivment.jpg
111KB, 1200x900px
Disgusting. You should instead follow "economic stability": a good pension at 78, a life spended on making money and doing a job that you don't like to live a life that you don't want. How the fuck can people think like this? This is literally throwing your life in a bin and blocking whatever form of happiness in your life. When people lose balls and valued money, hedonistic consumerism, wasting time and the illusion of stability over self achievement, happiness, individuality and boldness?
>&Humanities
>>
t. butthurt philosophy major
>>
Sorry breh, but "following your passions in life" is the epitome of the rich upper middle class white boy mindset, the rest of us shitkickers will do whatever we can as long as it leads to a decent wage and a half decent benefits package.
>>
>>2810809
>>2810817
>When people lose balls and valued money, hedonistic consumerism, wasting time and the illusion of stability over self achievement, happiness, individuality and boldness?
Not an argument, totally missed the question and not even true.
>>
Go home Mike, your show got cancelled and no one wants to listen to an opera singer lecture them about work ethic and not following their dreams.
>>
>>2810794

people never choose this, it happens by inertia, like most life, you find yourself in situations, reality contracts into set patterns and these become more and more fixed untill your life is a contraption sludging trough reality like a icebreaker trough a frosen sea, and thats all you can do except give up or eventualy inevitably collapse

and there is nothing more to life
>>
>>2810861

also, the eventual inevitable collapse is just as certain but faster and uglier the more times you give up
>>
File: 1490821557461.jpg (2MB, 1192x2308px) Image search: [Google]
1490821557461.jpg
2MB, 1192x2308px
>>2810861
>>2810873
Fuck this. Capitalist swine propaganda. Find happiness in something simple, not materialistic and eventually ascend
>>
>>2810809
>>2810817
t.wagecucks
>>
>>2810904

theres nothing ''materialistic'' about it, its a pile of shit and most of us will spend our days at the bottom of it

its a basic fact of life

accepting this dosent mean you are complacent or supportive or even cooperative, its not about economic sytsems or ideology or selfhelp rants or even esoteric truths, its just a basic reality you will have to deal with trough life one way or another
>>
>>2810794
It should be "follow your passion but don't be an idiot about it. If you want to be a writer don't move to a cabin with a typewriter, get a volunteer job writing short stories in a local paper and in a decade or two you'll be good enough to live off your writing. But dont forget to be a salesman, afterall its bestSELLING book not bestWRITTEN book".

But people have short attention spans.
>>
>a good pension at 78

is this the famous American "work until you're at death's door" ethics in work
>>
>>2811008
Why Americans always think they're the center of the world?
That is not an exclusively American mentality at all, most of the West is like that
>>
>>2811164

I'm not American and no that isn't a common mentality at all. Most Europeans think it's sensible to retire early-mid 60's. France rioted when they increased the retirement age. My grandparents retired in their late 50's. It's Americans that work until death and fetishize their idealized concept of hard work, which is why I made that post.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.