[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was European culture originally an outgrowth of? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: EasternEuropeMap.jpg (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EasternEuropeMap.jpg
160KB, 500x500px
What was European culture originally an outgrowth of? I know that a lot of the tradition came from Greece and Rome and that Minoan civilization is seen as a starting point of European culture in a since. But I mean where did the Celtic, Germanic and Slavic cultures come from? Indo-European? So West Asian? What are some cultures that majorly influenced them. Christianity obviously had a major effect in the middle ages but what else?
>>
It's a subdivision of African culture that was carried upwards through the Sahara, into North Africa and eventually made its way to Europe. It broke off long ago and slowly transformed into its own thing, European culture.
>>
>>2809591
Do you have examples of transitional points? I know we are talking about prehistory mostly.
>>
>>2809614
Lots of it has been erased from history thanks to Eurocentrism, however the evidence lies in basic understandings of geography and the out of Africa theory.

It's tough to refer you to exact sources but if you do proper research you'll come to the same conclusion as I have. Good luck with your findings.
>>
>>2809635
Uh.. that sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
>>2809614
This thing exist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin%C4%8Da_culture

Beyond that I've heard that the invention of civilization as we define it would have began in Europe as opposed to the Near East if it wasn't for an Iron age collapse but I don't know how true this is.
>>
>>2809640
Very interesting. It looks like it could have a direct link to Nubian culture maybe via Egypt.
>>
>>2809425
Greeks and Roman are an outgrowth of Mesopotamian civilisation byway of Minoan>Phoenician>Semite
Celts, Germanic, and Indo-European are extension of prehistoric Indo-Aryan culture from Caucasus-west Asia, Slavs in particular are related to Scythian / Persian
>>
>>2809638
Fuck off racist.
>>
>>2810110
How does that make me racist?
>>
File: Map_Corded_Ware_culture-en.svg.png (338KB, 1200x707px) Image search: [Google]
Map_Corded_Ware_culture-en.svg.png
338KB, 1200x707px
>>2809425
>But I mean where did the Celtic, Germanic and Slavic cultures come from?
>>
>>2809635
>out of Africa.
First off the out of Africa refers to prehistory like way way pre history, and second it's been quietly debunked over the years with new found fossils evidence, but no one likes to take about it because of 'mah racism' mud slinging shutting down discussion.
>seen as a starting point of European culture in a since.
>But I mean where did the Celtic, Germanic and Slavic cultures come from? Indo-European?
It all came from Rome and Asian empires. Any other infulinces were tridently. Any other answer is wrong. At some point it's home grown though. It's like "5th generation American-Irish"? No you are just American at some point.
>>
>>2811009
>tridently
The fuck, did you mean tertiary?
>>
>>2811009
>second it's been quietly debunked over the years with new found fossils evidence,
What evidence? Links please.
>>
>>2809425
Indo European culture, check Kurgan theory and other stuff on expansion of the horse culture across the steppes which replaced older cultures in Europe and West Asia.
>>
>humans and Neanderthals could breed
>ergo, they are the same specie
>Neanderthals evolved in Europe
>ergo, the specie to which we belong to first appeared in Europe
afro-centrists btfo
>>
>>2810942
>responding to trolls
>>
>>2811157
>they were there at one point so they were always there and there is no evidence to any other view nope it's fake BTFO.

You don't have to be an afro-centrist to subscribe to a scientific theory.
>>
I can't believe it took me so long to find this board. I love it here already.
>>
File: sopa_scroll.jpg (121KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
sopa_scroll.jpg
121KB, 500x517px
>multiple people baited and entire thread derailed by the most basic Wewuzian troll
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.