[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (142KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 500x750px
What would america(s) and the world be like if they never imported African labor?

Would the Arab world have become the dominant global force opposed to the Western European one?
>>
>>2804199

The Muslims have already committed far more people to slavery than the Americans can ever dream of (and still do today). Hasn't helped them much.

Also, Americans would've just used the Irish and other Europeans.
>>
>>2804265
Irish were unfit for hard labor in tropical/subtropical environments.

America probably would not have become a coast to coast nation, and would have probably become more akin to Australia.
>>
>>2804287
When slavery ended Americans imported Italians to work the sugar plantations so hey probably would have used Europeans. Just not the Irish
>>
>>2804304
Why aren't there more Italians in the Caribbean then?
>>
>>2804321
>Why aren't there more Italians in the Caribbean then?
Because there were few Italian slaves? Even then there were plenty of Italian settlers in the Spanish colonies
>>
>>2804321
I was only referring to USA. Most of them returned home after making some money.
>>
>>2804304
Slavery never really ended in a hard concrete way. Slavery as we think of it today is a result of semantics and language manipulation, for reasons. Even after "slavery" ended, many blacks were still working in agriculture and in abject poverty(ie. slavery).
>>
>>2804287
We used Chinese laborers for the rail road. Other than cotton and tobacco plantations blacks weren't used that much. As general labor but nothing that required their tolerance for tropical heat.
>>
>>2804265
>The Muslims have already committed far more people to slavery than the Americans can ever dream of (and still do today). Hasn't helped them much.

Not really. The Atlantic slave trade reached at the mirror.imum the numbers of the Me slave trade (not muslim despite what you claim)
>>
>>2804892
The Americas as a whole. Heat and solar radiation tolerance as well as tolerance to tropical diseases made them absolutely necessary. Also they were used extensively as soldiers.

I know people like to understate their contributions to America, and I know they have their reasons, but it is really disingenuous.
>>
>>2804199
>african
>arab
>impling african is in the arab world
>impling arab world is a thing
>do not difference the umma and arabia
Slave come from inner and subsharan africa you dumb.
Importation of slavery or not the european will colonise there territorie and dominated them. Like they actulay do.
You fisrt question is dumb but the second is shit tier.
America would develloped less quiclky that's all.
>>
>>2805439
Arabs utilized African tribes for labor, concubines, and soldiers. They blend in the Sahel, and that was the same dynamic that gave rise to the moors.

The colonial need for Africans depleted the supply and jacked up the price.
>>
>>2804199
Lmfao what? The southern system of slavery was already outpaced by northern industry by the time the civil war was fought, which is why they lost. All that cheap labor did was give them an easy option so they wouldn't need to industrialize and build machines that did the work that slaves would have.
>>
>>2806246
It's just a thought experiment. Without the influence of African diaspora in the Americas world history would have taken an entirely different trajectory.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.