[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the historical Jesus really? The savior of mankind, a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: historical_jesus.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
historical_jesus.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
Who was the historical Jesus really? The savior of mankind, a wisdom preacher, or an apocalyptic prophet? Who was he? What was he trying to do?
>>
>>2801834
Isa (pbuh) (not Jesus) was send by Allah but his vision was distort by the Christians
>>
>>2801850
Fuck your retarded Islamic bullshit.
>>
>>2801834
no way to know. this topic always almost pure speculation.
>>
>>2801834
Whether or not he was the son of God he was a great man and I deeply respect him.
>>
>>2801858
at least I'm not like the jews who hate Isa but you don't care

we consider Isa to be a prophet like Muhammad (pbuh)
>>
>>2801874
I know and your prophet Muhammad was a pedophile warlord bitch. Fuck him.
>>
>>2801869
Why? He was basically that hobo down the street yelling repent, for the end is near!
>>
>>2801893
Because he brought good ideas like compassion and forgiveness to people.
>>
>>2801877
>pedophile warlord
>either of those bad
>>
>>2801913
Those aren't new ideas and most of his followers don't practice those parts anyway.
>>
>>2801834
He was a religious/political dissident who was executed by the authorities in Roman Judaea for stirring shit up.

>>2801861
>>no way to know
Stop this. Everyone who isn't born into a given religion knows that the claims of various faiths are silly superstition mixed in with some common-sense morals at best.
>>
>>2801919
mm edgy
>>
>>2801919
kys
>>
>>2801834
I'm halfway convinced by that iranian guys zealot theory
>>
>>2801834
A nice Jewish boy.
>>
File: its a sin to masturbait.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
its a sin to masturbait.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>2801850
>>
>>2801937
Who most Jews hated because of his, then considered, heresy for using the words, I AM. Basically, he pulled a Descartes while performing overly charitable acts and was deemed a false prophet by the Pharisees.
>>
>>2801834
may not have even been a real person
there's not much consensus
>>
>>2801834
The modern consensus by secular and some non-secular scholars is that Jesus was most certainly a man who preached apocalyptic message. This consensus was grounded during the 1980's at the beginning of the already present 3rd Quest for the historical Jesus.

Though I believe in the former, it is also reasonable to believe that Jesus was more than just an apocalyptic preacher. Jesus' narrative especially reflect historical biographies of Greco-Roman style. Jesus in the gospel is very much jewish and had a clear understanding of 2nd temple thought and ideologies. Yet at the same time, the uniqueness of the Son of Man on Jesus' lips lends credible evidence that he believed himself to be the heavenly figure of Daniel 7 (aka God at the right-hand side of the Ancient of Days).
>>
File: GKC.jpg (22KB, 356x450px) Image search: [Google]
GKC.jpg
22KB, 356x450px
The Everlasting Man
>>
>>2801920
those were not common ideas in in 30AD you dip
>>
File: 1488672135969.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1488672135969.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>2801921
>morals
>common sense
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.