[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the crusades.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0475.jpg (84KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
84KB, 610x374px
Redpill me on the crusades.
>>
File: read a book.jpg (49KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
read a book.jpg
49KB, 566x480px
>>2801693
>>
File: 1494527397893.jpg (175KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494527397893.jpg
175KB, 500x500px
>>2801693
The last one was pretty funny.
>>
The event which triggers sjws, Muslims and Jews the most.
>>
>>2801693
The first crusade is a hilarious shitshow
>>
>>2801880
Fuckin how?
>>
>>2801824
wtf I love the crusades now
>>
>>2801693
Its way too big of a topic to redpill you on.

In short though it was the Churches attempt to establish the latter of Christendom and recapture the old Roman Empire`s Lands and establish the Church as the new Roman Empire desu. Though this isnt a contemporary school of thought, if you look at what the Church was scheming from every event up to the first call to Crusade and there after the Last Notable Crusade, its pretty clear the Church wanted all the power.

More contemporary ideas is the factal evidence presented that Christians and the Church wrre actually trying to make the Apocalypse happen by controlling the holy Lands and therefore bringing about the second coming of christ.

The last more obvious reasons were to Push Islam back but this kinda also relates to the whole Roman Empire lands thing. The Church really did want to expand the kingdoms of a Catholic faith far and wide. They nearly did so but that was very short lived.
>>
>>2801904
Just off the top of my head
>every major leader has competing goals
>everyone above a Baron is going out of their way to stake their claim on any conquered territory
>Baldwin of Bolougne abandons Crusade to take Antioch
>lose thousands of men, all the horses at antioch because they can't into siege
>have competing siege forces on Jerusalem

Literally the only reason Outremer lasted as long as it did was because the Muslim states around them honestly didn't give a shit about their existence. Outside of anomalies like Saladin's later campaigns and the Mamelukes, the surrounding muslim polities really seemed to be more concerned with fighting eachother than they did Outremer.
>>
>>2801939
Don't forget the Peter the Hermit and his band of peasants rekting shit on their way to the holy land
>>
>>2801943
The People's Crusade did nothing wrong!
>>
>>2801693
>>2801701
Read this it's pretty redpilled
>>
>>2801939
Congratulations, you know the semi logistics of a few battles in the first crusade.

Maybe you should look at the defeats in the 2nd crusade... or the third, forth, fith, and sixth... and seventh while youre at it. Maybe even the eitheth and nineth.

The first crusade nearly rallied all of Christendom together, no they did not fight on equal terms but by far the first crusade was the most successful, every crusade after resulted in loss of territory and the end result of even worse diplomacies between kingdoms than they had before. You could even argue that the third Crusade started the 100years war.

In the first crusade, sure you had Kingdoms fighting to claim their own, but it was the end results that mattered and that was the establishment of the crusader states.

Face it the first even though it was a mess, was fairly well done for the state that christendom was in, and it was the only crusade in which land was actually won and conquered and not just negotiated.
>>
>>2801914
Obviously youve never heard of the Rhineland massacre...

Go ahead, wikiapedia it, Ill give you a few min, then tell me how much you actually love em.
>>
File: 1490331790466.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1490331790466.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>>2801978
more of a reason to love them desu

>We need to purge the "enemies of Christ" from the Rhineland
>Kill jews and heathens
>Pussy ass bishops try to protect them
>so we burn his fucking place down
>make it to Hungary
>get killed
>Others make it to Constantinople
>Alexios sends them East
>Get assfucked by the Seljuk Turks
>Feelsbadman
>>
>>2801969
Oh the First Crusade was definitely the most successful - I'm more amazed it went as well as it did and lasted so long.
>>
>>2801998
Right?!?

Be me at 16
>thinks Crusades were spanned over 400 years
>thinks it was about dudes in heavy ass metal armor crushing Arabs
>think it was about honor and noblility and holy knights
>wants to study more about it

Be me at 22 now.
>LOL! To be young and foolish
>>
>>2802005
Oh sorry anon, thought you were saying it was an untter failure. Got me super triggered there.
>>
>>2801966
>Rodney Stark
Might as well read Jared Diamond, too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.