[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advanced Placement /his/torical Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: medievalstudents.jpg (2MB, 928x858px) Image search: [Google]
medievalstudents.jpg
2MB, 928x858px
This thread is reserved only for those who've completed Advanced Placement history courses in High School, or are currently (or were in the past) specializing in history in college.

Anyone who has either not completed such Advanced Placement courses, or isn't currently majoring in History in college, is requested not to participate in this thread.

Today let's begin our discussion with the Scholastic tradition prominent in Medieval Europe; focusing on less famous intellectuals such as Anselm of Canterbury, William of Ockham, and Thomas Aquinas.
>>
AP History is like History 101 in college
>>
>>2801471
>Courses get more challenging as you get older
Wow.
>>
>OP thinks AP classes are impressive
>OP thinks that 4chan isn't filled with bored college students
>>
>muh AP
nice thread, why not consider posting some interesting historical content instead of making an OP embarrassing yourself
>>
>>2801479
>Brainlet thinks he can take part in my Advanced Placement discussion
pfft nothing personal, stupid
>>
>>2801478
No, what I mean is that this thread basically says that anyone who's taken their History requirement in college is allowed, no specialization necessary.

I'm a Bio major, and I took that
>>
>>2801495
Anyone who's majored in history in college is allowed, but only if they've already taken Advanced Placement courses in High School beforehand.

I don't want to talk to any dumbass who hasn't mastered history at an early age.
>>
File: 192398-004-CA302637.jpg (95KB, 536x450px) Image search: [Google]
192398-004-CA302637.jpg
95KB, 536x450px
>>2801461
just took the AP euro exam today

ask me anything
>>
File: IMG_5717.jpg (190KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5717.jpg
190KB, 1024x1024px
>>2801461
hi. 3 in AP European History here. Can I hang out with you guiz or Am I too dumb?
>>
>>2801461
>tfw you got into history through the study of fashion.
No regrets.
>>
modddssssssssssss

also IB > AP, even if it is librul brainwashing
>>
>posting on 4chan while being in high school
No wonder our rhetoric is so poor. We have a bunch of babbys acting like they know the world.
>>
>>2801744
How thoroughly shafted was the Roman Empire with regard to time spent covering it?
>>
AP is a fucking joke. My AP US history class would've better been titled "why white men are the devil".
Question after question about Jim Crow, segregation, slavery, women's suffrage, the KKK, and every other cherrypicked data point. Overemphasizing every fucking thing the US did wrong, never even exposing students to the idea that the US is a pretty nice place.
2 90 minute long secretive seminars in that class related to WW2. Topics? The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the Holocaust. The fucking Holocaust. Why was that even brought up in US History? Because white people did something bad. The word "D-Day" was never uttered, nor was "pacific theater, eastern front", or "maginot line". I'm convinced Pearl Harbor wouldn't have been mentioned had it not been necessary in discussing Hiroshima.
In short, it wasn't a fucking history class. It was Social Justice 210.
Passed the exam with a 4/5 btw.
>>
>>2801909
Socratic seminars, that is. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>2801887
My teacher is absolutely obsessed with Roman law so he spent a good deal of time covering the Twelve Tables and how it parallels other European societies but other than that the Roman Empire was completely disregarded since the test only covers content beyond the Renaissance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.