[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Golden Rule- Alternatives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: itsnotgaywhenitsinathreeway.gif (119KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
itsnotgaywhenitsinathreeway.gif
119KB, 780x1000px
Apologies if this isn't the right place for this- not my normal board.
I'm wondering why the golden rule is so culturally ubiquitous when it's actually deeply flawed.
>people want to be treated in different ways
>people want to be treated over and above a reasonable level, which could not be possible for all people (eg I might want people to give me free food)

Any known cultural alternatives for a fundamental rule of behaviour? Any personal suggestions?
>>
>>2799272
>Islam
>Hadith quote

what did they meant by that? isn't there any rule like that in the Quran?
>>
>>2799304
Treat Jews the way they treated Mohammad.
>>
>>2799304
Yeah it's funny how so much of what the layman hears attributed to the Qu'ran is from a hadith
>70 virgins in heaven
>>
>>2799324
Hadiths are the quotes of Muhammad though, right? Why are they any less canonical?
>>
>>2799414

because Sunnis and Shi'ites disagree over the narrators, transcribers, and compilers of those quotes
>>
>>2799272

The Silver Rule is superior
>do not do to others anything you would find hateful, were it to be done to you
>>
>>2799414

Mohemmed was just a man, the Koran is not his sayings but the word of God.
>>
>>2799425

No, it's because Mohemmed himself commanded people NOT to record his own sayings, since he is just a man and compiling his sayings and putting them alongside the Koran is blasphemy.
>>
>>2799443

>Mohemmed

Muhammad*

Mohemmed was the first name of the Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 to 1956. Muhammad is the first name of the Islamic prophet. Don't get the spellings mixed up.
>>
>>2799414
>Hadith
Accounts over shit that Muhammad said.

>Quran
The words of God Almighty Himself.

The thing is, haven't Allah delivered the Golden Rule in his own and infallible book?
>>
>>2799466

it's the other way around actually.

lrn2Islam, dipshit
>>
>>2799462
you know that in Arabic there is a variety of ways to spell names in roman letters, right?
>>
>>2799462

Go fuck yourself faggot, if I want to refer to him as Mohemmed (piss be upon him) then I will.
>>
Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may be different.
Bernard Shaw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.