[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did romance exist before the rise of Abrahamic religions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: art.jpg (1MB, 2735x1910px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
1MB, 2735x1910px
was their such thing as romantic love
>>
It existed enough to lead into Troyan War.
>>
did romance exist during pagan times?
>>
>>2797541
Greeks certainly had a concept of it
>>
>>2797541
No, however the concept of love, and it's variants like empathy didn't come from abrahamic religions either. They really came about from the enlightenment era, in particular from the German philosophers of the time. This is one of the most uinique features of western civilization.
>>
>>2799153

If one claims that the modern conception of Human Rights is western

is that Eurocentric stance, or just a brutal honest stance?
>>
>>2799197
>Eurocentric

I fucking hate this.
>>
>>2797558
>>2799145

/thread
>>
>>2799121
This is what I know on the topic from an ancient Greek perspective. In theatre there's Menandrus Dyskolos and Perikeiromene, in philosophy Xenophon's and Plato's Symposium, in the Ancient Greek Novel Daphnis and Chloe, Aethiopica and the Ephesian Tale, in poetry Sappho, Anacreon and Archilochos of Paros, in religion the gods Aphrodite, Eros and Pothos, in mythology stories like Hero and Leander, Pyramus and Thisbe and Theseus and Ariadne.
>>
>>2799197
Human rights came from love. Love is a concept unique to western europe from the enlightenment era that does not exist previously or in other cultures around the world. I suggest you read Immanuel Kant and Christian Wolff.
>>
>>2799342

>Immanuel Kant
>i suggest you read a german anti-rationalist that abandoned reason because it disagreed with his faith
>also a massive autist that probably never fucked a woman

Amazing. When will Germanophiles kill themselves? Haven't you already ruined Europe enough? And America too, now.
>>
>>2800026
Only kebaps disagree with Kant.
>>
>>2800030

Or, just, you know, every rational fucking materialist on the planet.

Why the fuck would kebabs disagree with Kant? Everything he says serves them just as well as it does the Christians--better, probably, since Muslims have no concept of individualism and it's all about the umma.

No wonder Germans import so many Muslims--they're made for each other. Both have deeply-embedded concepts of communism and a cancerous way of thinking about reality.
>>
>>2799342
>Love is a concept unique to western europe from the enlightenment era that does not exist previously or in other cultures around the world.

How could you possibly think this is true? So ridiculous.
>>
>>2800030
>>2799342
>t. I just read Kant guys! Have you read Kant yet? Have you read Kant yet? Look at me I know my shit about Kant! Looooool Kant!
>>
>>2799342
>Love is a concept unique to western europe

What the fuck are you talking about you retard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.